P55A-UD4P POST issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P55A-UD4P POST issues

I have a weird problem with my new system i just built. I have a Microsoft Desktop 6000 keyboard and mouse bundle and if i have the receiver plugged in a USB hub like my monitor or and external hub i have it freezes at POST and then restarts with a overclocking voltage error. This happens no matter what my BIOS settings are and even if i load the optimal settings. It works fine if I plug it directly into the motherboard or the front USB.
    This didn't happen if i remember correctly with the original BIOS F3. I updated to BIOS F6 the day i got my PC using @BIOS but it started happening with F7 but this time i used QFlash and not @BIOS. I am not sure if that is caused by BIOS settings or not but I don't think so since i tried everything I think can cause this.

I also have another issue with sleep where if i have hybrid sleep enabled in windows 7, whenever the PC sleeps it wakes up immediately after entering sleep mode with a black screen. If i leave it alone and wait like a couple of minutes, it will go back to sleep without waking up again.

Anyone have any idea why I am having these issues?

My system specs are:
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P
    Intel Core i5 750
    4GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600
    ATI Radeon 5850
    Last edited by zonly1; 02-15-2010, 03:49 PM. Reason: Added processor to system specs

Re: P55A-UD4P POST issues

makesure usb 1.0 and usb 2.0 devices are enabled in bios,also makesure usb devices like mouse and keyboard if you have them are enabled in bios and make sure you have usb legacy enabled in bios,as for sleep resume youll probably have to wait for a newer bios to fix it as this problems been fixed on the ud5 with newer bios's
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Re: P55A-UD4P POST issues

Yes, all usb settings are enabled. Just figured out that the problem might be related to the my belkin bluetooth dongle. If i remove it, it boots fine. I plugged it in the monitor hub instead and still booted fine. Didn't have these kind of problems before. Might be the latest BIOS. I will wait for the next BIOS to see if it will be fixed.
      Can a USB device make a system unstable?

Comment

Working...
      X