P55A-UD3 Board
    i7 860 CPU
    EVGA 8800 GTS
    2x 2GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333
    2x OCZ 30GB Vertex SSD in RAID 0 as OS drive - Connected to SATA ports 4/5
    2x 1TB WD Caviar Black storage drives - Connected to SATA 0/1
    Plextor SATA DVD R/RW - Connected to SATA 2
    Front Panel eSATA connected to SATA 3
    2x WD 1.5TB Green - Connected to GSATA_6/7 Not recognized at all in either IDE or AHCI
    PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer PSU

I installed Windows 7 on the RAID 0 SSD drive, although I did need to use an IDE DVD drive because it would not boot from the SATA DVD I had installed. After installation, I rebooted and hooked up the rest of the drives. All were recognized fine, with the exception of the 2 1.5TB drives connected to the GSATA ports.

Also, possibly related issue is the BIOS is extremely slow to boot. It usually takes 30 seconds to 1 minute for it to even begin to boot Windows, POST, or get into the BIOS settings. This happened with both F4 and F5 BIOS, regardless of the number of drives installed. Once up and running, the system works flawlessly, but getting there seems to take forever sometimes.

Can anyone offer some suggestions? I feel like I've tried everything at this point and I don't know what else to do.

Re: Drives not recognized on P55A-UD3 GSATA3_6/7

try disabling all unused perepherals in bios,things like floppy drives ect and from boot order,the less components it needs to check at start up the faster it will be,have you tried updating firmware for your ssd's?
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Originally posted by warren300 View Post
      try disabling all unused perepherals in bios,things like floppy drives ect and from boot order,the less components it needs to check at start up the faster it will be,have you tried updating firmware for your ssd's?
      I've already disabled the floppy drive and the amount of time it takes to POST was terrible regardless, with just the SSDs, or even with no components installed. I'll look into updating the firmware on the SSDs. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

So, I swapped the WD Greens on GSATA_6/7 with the WD Blacks on SATA 0/1 and it picked them up in both the BIOS and Windows without a problem. Although, it no longer recognized the WD Blacks that were connected to the GSATA 6/7 ports.

I have the GSATA ports enabled in the BIOS. Originally installed Windows while using AHCI setting (no drives attached to them though), but using either AHCI or IDE mode yields the same results...nothing. I really need these 2 extra SATA ports and I'd prefer to not have to buy another board or add-on card just to be able to use my 2 biggest drives.

Comment

as i know,the latest beta bios of this board is f6c. have you tried to update it?

Comment

Originally posted by yshuwen521 View Post
            as i know,the latest beta bios of this board is f6c. have you tried to update it?
            I wasn't aware of that BIOS version. I just flashed from F4 to F5. Any idea where I could find the newest beta?

Comment

Working...
            X