X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Total Settings For GA EX58-UD5

Originally posted by abeeftec View Post
    Hey warren,
    How do you get easy tune to work? everytime I try to use that with WIN7 64 bit it chokes my PC. Im wondering if there is something im missing. And can you post bios settings for that? I am at 4.4ghz and would like to hit 5 on water just for benching. thanks

Also, Everyone who has clocked this board if you could please let me know what you set your uncore at in reference to your ram? reason is that in my board my uncore on auto ALWAYS sets itself at 2.5 times my ram speed. Never 2 times and when I set it at double ram speed it always messes the overclock up. Everyone says for quad cores it should always be double and for 6 cores it should be 1.5. SO mine being 2.5 is insane but thats the only way it works.
    i dont ever use easytune to clock with,thats just to show you my voltages so you can set them in the bios,set it to those above everything else is on auto.for your uncore freq ratio its 2xram multiplier +1 or +2 so 8x ram multiplier will be 17xuncore or 18x uncore whatevers more stable,also the above voltages are just for reference you might need to tweak cpu/qpi voltages
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Re: Total Settings For GA EX58-UD5

Uncore should be 2x or 2x +1-2 above ram speed, you should set this manually yourself.

So for example if you use x8 memory multi stable uncore choices would be 16-18

In regards to easytune, is it freezing on you or wont install? Are you using the latest BIOS and version of Easytune, and did you fully uninstall the old one before trying to install a new one (This is a must)

I use easytune often for testing a voltage change, then apply in BIOS manually after I am done testing various things. It is best to overclock from the BIOS, but you can use easytune to test a few things like that, and it can actually be fairly handy to do so.

Comment

Working...
      X