How to enable all memory slots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable all memory slots?

I have a trouble with GA-P55-UD3(rev. 1.0)
    CPU: i5-750
    BIOS: F6
    MEMORY: Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G - 4 pcs

How to enable all memory slots?

I see in M.I.T.:

DIMM SLOTS (MB) 2048 2048 2048 2048
    ENABLED SLOT (MB) 2048 2048 -- --
    TOTAL MEMORY SIZE (MB) 4096

HPET ENABLED
    64 - BIT

Trouble solved! Thread Closed.
    Last edited by oxygene; 02-04-2010, 10:44 PM. Reason: Trouble solved!

Re: How to enable all memory slots?

I have exactly the same problem with a new build with the same mobo etc. So far I have tried everything I can think of so very grateful for any help - especially from the above.

Many thanks

Comment

Normally you don't need to change anything in BIOS when installing additional memory modules, this sounds strange to me.

Try to send the original poster a private message, he'll get an email then and might come back to tell us what his problem was.

Comment

Thanks - pm sent. I've been though the BIOS with a fine toothcomb but no luck. Very odd.
        As this post is the only example of my problem that I could find after a lengthy internet search, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Regards

Comment

Could someone please post how this issue was solved? I am having the same problem and have not found the solution yet. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

This is often caused by bent CPU socket pins, a scratched trace on the motherboard, or incorrect Uncore or QPI/Vtt settings in the BIOS.

Can you please give us your full specs, thanks! Have you tested each white slot with a single memory module? If not do that now, and if one of the white slots do not work with any single module then you most likely have a scratch or bent pins.

Uneven CPU heatsink can sometimes cause that as well, so be sure your heatsink is installed evenly, and is not too tight or too loose, before you begin testing the white slots with a single stick of memory.

Comment

Working...
            X