GA-EP45T-UD3R and F7 BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45T-UD3R and F7 BIOS

This board has been used under Windows7 x64 with a number of glitches at F6 BIOS, namely that a Hauppauge TD500 Nova DVB tuner card stalls and stutters every so often and that, invariably, the board will come out of hibernation within very short timelapses of being put into that state for no logical reason - and internet connectivity initially fails after a fresh boot up (with the latest drivers failing to properly initialise or run the Gigabyte 'Family Ethernet' adapter).

I'd hoped that the final release of F7 would improve things, but oh my - what a serious step backwards! No matter what I do, the board gives a three second bleep of protest during POST, and USB devices which worked fine under F6 frequently fail to work under F7.

One successful boot does not mean the subsequent boot will be OK. After reaching the desktop, if the Wireless USB mouse even works, then other equipment will fail (like webcam or bluetooth dongle) intermittantly.

F7 was supposed to improve memory compatibility, but it clearly does not like the four OCZ sticks (8Gb) which I have onboard.

Roll back to F6 and these nasty issues vanish; so well done Gigabyte, for an absolutely appalling BIOS advance for my board...

Re: GA-EP45T-UD3R and F7 BIOS

Originally posted by Muth View Post
    the board will come out of hibernation within very short timelapses of being put into that state for no logical reason
    I had this when I had Windows 7 installed, try to either disable wake on lan, or allow administrative station to wake up (or something like that).

Comment

Working...
    X