G41M-E2SL wont come out of standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G41M-E2SL wont come out of standby

i just bought the G41M-E2SL rev 1.0 installed the latest bios version which is version f6 installed windows xp sp3 i am not using any pci add in cards.

the problem is this computer will not wake properly from s3 standby it comes on but nothing is on the screen one time i got a mouse cursor you can move it, you can turn num lock on and off but nothing else works, no ctrl alt del or ctrl shift esc, even if you hit the power button it doesnt power down you have to hold down the power button (this case has no reset switch)

i am using an ide hard drive and cd-rom as i dont have anything sata

the processor is e8500 rest bios turned of sata, serial and parallel.

installed all windows updates, latest intel chipset drivers, intel video driver, nic driver from gigabytes site.

edit: the fix is to turn sata mode to auto in the bios even if you are not using any sata devices then she will come out of s3 standby
    Last edited by ryan200; 02-08-2010, 09:05 PM. Reason: fixed

Re: G41M-E2SL wont come out of standby

uninstall all drivers (safe mode) (driver sweeper) clean uninstall then install the latest driver then go into bios and disable all the wake on and other thing cheak if you have any program that make blank screen after s3 and cheak in bios that acpi on s3

Comment

i forgot to mention its a clean install of windows (i just got this motherboard) and bios is set to s3

Comment

if you disable all wakeup then test psu for problems or memory in memtest or clear cmos

Comment

Re: G41M-E2SL wont come out of standby (fixed)

i am replying so that anyone that may also have this problem can fix it without having to go through what i went through. something i dont think people bother to do anymore.

SHARE YOUR FIXES PEOPLE.

the problem is a bug in the bios.

if you change sata mode in the bios to disabled it will not allow the computer to wake up from S3 standby. so to fix it leave sata mode to auto.

probably most people are using sata drives and wont have it disabled but this is a entry level motherboard so i assume this motherboard is more likelly to have people using old ide drives than other boards.

Comment

Working...
          X