Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New system build not powering up

Originally posted by scuderia1 View Post
    Hopefully they will this being less than 14 days.... We seem to be focusing on the PSU, is this the biggest point of failure (at least as of my set up)? Could it also be down to the motherboard or does the fact that the fans spin (even the one on the graphics card....) mean that the motherboard is ok?
    its just some motherboards dont work with certain brand psu's,same with ram,maybe the ram you have will work fine once youve updated to the latest bios.but its getting it to boot up so you can update it, and for that you need to find the problem,i wouldnt say its mb and its very rare for a faulty cpu,just change the easiest things first,id borrow a psu first with all the correct power plugs,try it and if not return your ram for another brand,one thats on gigabytes list just to be 100%sure,then go from there
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you for the time you taken to respond. Am off to bed for now rather disappointed but at least wiser... I will definitely post updates.

Comment

Corsair Dominator 6GB 3x 2GB DDR3 (TR3x6G1600C8D)

Will work with that board

if i had to guess i would say Power suppy is the problem

only other thing is a defective board
        Last edited by Judge-dredd; 01-16-2010, 10:58 PM. Reason: more info
        Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
        Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
        2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
        6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
        2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
        Ultra X4 1200 Watt
        Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
        Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
        Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
        Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

Thanks Judge-dredd that is great to know. An update: I have borrowed a 450W PSU but still can't get the rig to power up. I have also used the new PSU on the old PC and it is working without a single problem. This now rules out the new PSU as the source of the problem. Once again I have disassembled the entire build and done it exactly verbatim as the manuals state but with no luck at all. I am now stamped! Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

Comment

Thanks Judge-dredd that is great to know. An update: I have borrowed a 450W PSU but still can't get the rig to power up. I have also used the new PSU on the old PC and it is working without a single problem. This now rules out the new PSU as the source of the problem. Once again I have disassembled the entire build and done it exactly verbatim as the manuals state but with no luck at all. I am now stamped! Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks
            yes change your ram for another brand,its probably that ive had no problems with my ocz ram look on www.novatech.comwww.ebuyer.com to judge-dredd it might work with your board after a bios update but will it work with f7 bios??
            Last edited by wazza300; 01-17-2010, 03:46 PM.
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Thank you indeed wazza300 for the links. I'll try doing that however I have another question, does the motherboard revision hint at what version of BIOS is installed(out of the box, obviously not yet updated)?

Comment

Thank you indeed wazza300 for the links. I'll try doing that however I have another question, does the motherboard revision hint at what version of BIOS is installed(out of the box, obviously not yet updated)?
                no thats just an updated version of the motherboard,i keep forgetting you have a ud3 and not ud5,but you can bet it came with an old bios on it
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Thank you indeed for all your help and taking the time to respond.

I managed to test all the components with the help of a few mates and it turns out the the motherboard is actually the source of issues. I have already arranged to have it returned to the supplier and have opted instead to get a better/more recent spec motherboard.

It is rather disappointing seeing as this is a highly recommended manufacturer but I guess I got the lemons....

I am sticking with the same manufacturer for now (seeing as they are highly rated )but now opting for the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 model. If this also fails then obviously I'll have to look at other manufacturers

Comment

Working...
                  X