Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with the weird beep code when resuming from S3 sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the weird beep code when resuming from S3 sleep?

Howdy,

Just built a new Win 7 WS with the EP45-UD3R. This is the second such board in the house - the first is working perfectly in my wife's machine running Vista 64.

My issue is a bit odd - as a rule - we use standard S3 sleep mode (I have disable Hybrid Sleep on all workstations) This mode works perfectly on an XP older box...the previously mentioned Vista box...but on my new build - while putting the machine to sleep is easy enough (hit sleep on the keyboard) and waking it seems to work....when the machine is resumed from sleep - I get this nasty ass beep code for about a second....it is a single longish beep - that has a distorted tone to it....

The only other thing that is different from any of the other stations is that I am running my hard disks in AHCI mode (testing hot swap capabilities). I believe all the Power options in the BIOS are correct and I am running under the Optimized Defaults in the BIOS only...

I checked the manual and read up on the beep codes...but I do not see anything that matches the code I am hearing. BIOS F11 if that helps.

Ideas? Could it be system fans or something not spinning up fast enough and maybe this is a warning beep? I did set a couple of the alarms in the BIOS for the CPU frying up and fan states....

Appreciate any input.

Cheers!

VP

Re: What's with the weird beep code when resuming from S3 sleep?

Solved !

It was one of the fan warnings from the BIOS. If I set them back to disabled - good to go!

Cheers!

VP

Comment

Working...
    X