Gigabyte's Sata/USB 3 P55A Boards???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte's Sata/USB 3 P55A Boards???

Kinda new here, and I've search allllllll over for this. Tomorrow the rest of my system will be here, and I don't have a second card to test this, but was wondering if someone has. I realize there aren't many USB 3.0 drives out (I think Buffalo makes a few), but figured I'd ask anyway. So, does anyone have a P55A board that's tested running x8 (1st slot) x4 (2nd slot) with something else pulling from the lanes? I know the use of Sata 3/USB 3.0 is supposed to take bandwidth from the 2nd slot, but was wondering if it took the full 8 lanes even if say USB 3.0 is enabled, while Sata 3 is disabled. I guess I was wondering about x4 for each path and its rather unclear in the manual (Block diagram shows them as x1 each).
    It's really not a big deal, I was just more curious than anything. Thanks to anyone who has tried this. :)

Edit: Hmm my sig didn't show up. I Will have a P55A-UD4P tomorrow in case it matters.

Edit again lol: I didn't understand this at first but after reading a bit more I do now and I'm happy :D Sorry for the post.
    GIGABYTE and ASUS chose different paths for SATA 6Gbps on P55 motherboards. Today we put them to the test to see which is better implemented.
    Last edited by Jocelyn84; 01-08-2010, 07:45 AM. Reason: .
Working...
X