EP45-UD3R & G.Skill SDRAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3R & G.Skill SDRAM

I was having random BSOD with Windows 7 and a new Gigabyte EP45-ud3r motherboard.

I've recently purchased the EP45-UD3R(1.1) with G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK SDRAMS 2pcs for a total of 4GB, and a E6300(R) 2.8 ghz Pentium.

CPUZ was reporting that I was running at 1.8v DRAM Voltage. The ram sticks clearly says 2.0v-2.1v. So I changed the BIOS DRAM voltage from AUTO (1.8v) to 2.1v. Now I no longer get the BSOD several times per hour. But I get a few randoms program crashes even after reloading Windows 7.

Is this the right memory for the EP45-UD3R motherboard ?

Any thoughts?

BTW: Using BIOS F11

Attached a CPU-Z report
    Attached Files

Re: EP45-UD3R & G.Skill SDRAM

If you have not began with optimized defaults, please do so and reaplly DRAM Voltage.
    For stock settings:
    Set Performance Enhance to standard.
    Set MCH Core 1.2, increase up to 1.24v if needed. If more MCH Core does not help try 1.05v down to 0.95v.
    A screen capture of MemSet main(click >>) and SPD(click spd) windows would be helpful.
    After everything is stable some tweaks can be applied for optimal memory performance.

Don't leave things for random crashes. Run 6+ passes of memtest86+ first, then 8+ hours of Prime95/Orthos blend torture.
    Watch core temps with RealTemp or CoreTemp, they should be below 60c iof there is not problem with CPU/case cooling.
    You can find the programs mentioned above in http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...30/#post284762

Comment

Re: EP45-UD3R & G.Skill SDRAM

Ok I've made the BIOS changes that you suggested. Ran memtest+ for many passes with no errors. Now I'm reloading Win 7 since it's been unstable. Next I'll run prime95 and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X