Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD7 Problem

Hi all

Installed a UD7 on saturday and i have a problem when shutting down the pc.....I click shutdown, the OS closes and the monitor goes into standby as normal....but the computer just stays on...all fans and M/B LED's are on....i have to manually press the off switch to get it off.....any ideas what this could be

thx in advance
    Griff

I7 5280k @ 4.2
    ASUS X99-Deluxe II
    CRYORIG A80 AIO
    GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
    Samsung Evo polaris 250gb
    16Gb Avexir core red series
    Evga P2 750 wt
    Phantec Evolv Tg.

Re: GA-X58A-UD7 Problem

I'm having the same problem, just built my computer yesterday...
    Windows 7 64 Ultimate Edition

I7 920 @ 2.66 (will overclock later)
    GA-EX58A-UD7
    Prolimeth MegaHalems Cooler + Thermaltake 2000RPM fan
    Corsair Dominator GT 6GB 1600MHz Tri-Channel Kit
    74GB Raptor (upgrading to SSD soon) Marvell Controller - System Drive
    ATI 4670 (upgrading to 5970 asap)
    850 watt Corsair HX (Modular Power Supply)
    2x 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda Drives in Raid 1 (ICH10R) - Data drive
    COOLERMASTER Sniper Black Edition Case

Problem started after installing 9 windows updates, I'm going to uninstall them one by one, and see if I find one that causes the problem. Also going to check BIOS settings.

Comment

Hi

Let me know if you find anything please

thx
      Griff

I7 5280k @ 4.2
      ASUS X99-Deluxe II
      CRYORIG A80 AIO
      GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
      Samsung Evo polaris 250gb
      16Gb Avexir core red series
      Evga P2 750 wt
      Phantec Evolv Tg.

Comment

I found in the event viewer, an Event Id 12 Hardware Abstraction Layer Error. You can read about it here:
        Firmware Corruption of Memory During Sleep Transitions

Follow that link, and download the word document. It explains it more throughly. I believe this is a problem with the current bios on the UD7 board, as this is a 24 phase power board, and a very young bios. Their previous X58 boards were 12 phase power. I do not believe this will be resolved until Gigabyte writes a new bios to address the issue. Does your event viewer have the same error? If so, please go to gigabytes website, click on technical support and email them the problem. If you dont, chances are this will be low priority for them to fix, they need to hear from multiple customers that this is happening. And please get back to me and let me know if you have the HAL event id 12 in your event viewer which can be accessed from the control panel/administrative tools. Also are you running Windows 7 ultimate 64?

Thanks.

Comment

make sure you have instant off selected in the bios
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I do have instant off selected. I reinstalled Windows 7 and installed the chipset driver. Shutdown the pc, and it shut down properly. I then fired it back up and created an image with the backup utility built into windows 7. I then proceeded to download several drivers including my ATI drivers etc. I then did a shutdown instead of restart, and bam, back to the same problem again. Maybe a driver is misbehaving? I'll reload the image from backup tonight, and install one driver at a time. Shutdown after each install, and try to identify which driver is the culprit...

On a side note, I have been stock clocked. Just for fun, I upped the voltage a 10th of a volt, and adjusted the bclk to 160 with a memory divider or 10 and uncore to 21 and qpi is running at 7Gt/s. Still get to keep full memory bandwith of 1600mhz. So basically got my 920 running at 975 speeds. I ran prime95 for a couple hours using speed fan to watch temps. I didn't want to run it overnight yet, but temps were very reasonable. 60C at full load not overclocked, and 65C over clocked. I was pretty estatic to see a 700Hmz overclock successful and prime 95 stable for 2 hours on my 1st attempt. I'll prime 95 it 24 hours in the future, for now i'm going to lower the clocks back to stock speed, and troubleshoot my issue. Just needed a break from troubleshooting, I do it all day at work.

Comment

I set my clock back to default, and saved out of bios. Post was complaining that my hardware configuration didn't match, so I reset the CMOS. I reinstalled Windows and installed my chipset drivers. I then tested each driver and windows update install with a shutdown instead of a reboot. I can no longer replicate the problem. I'm assuming that the reseting of the cmos might have done the trick. I was almost kind of hoping I could replicate the problem, and find a buggy driver or something, but I could not. Have you tried reseting your CMOS?

Comment

I had the same experience. However I could reproduce the error. I had a clean Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Then I installed the drivers from the Gigabyte CD by selecting the suggested install all option. After shuting down the systems display turned black, but the power stayed on and fans kept running. When I reinstalled a clean Windows 7, the shutdown problem was gone.

I downloaded all drivers individually from the Gigabyte web site. Installed them one by one, rebooting every time to find the faulty driver. I could install all drivers this way and had no shutdown problems anymore.

I have reported this to Gigabyte support.
                Last edited by Peet; 02-10-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Hi
                  I had the same problem, I uninstalled the gigabyte sata and raid driver
                  Version 1.17.51.02
                  it fixed the problem for me!

Comment

I have reinstalled all drivers including the Gigabyte SATA2 driver Version 1.17.51.02. I have no shutdown problems ever since. So on my system the Gigabyte SATA2 driver from the Gigabyte website does not cause the problem. I wonder if the problem lies in the automatic installation of the drivers from the CD.

Comment

I think there was a conflict with the drivers installing <
                      the way to install drivers is one at a time and reboot
                      after each new driver install
                      but the express install on the CD did not do that
                      it installed them all together
                      so the
                      intel matrix dirver and gigabyte sata 2 / raid driver were
                      confilicting
                      so i think you are right the express install on the disk
                      is the cause ,

Comment

I had the same issue with the GA-X58A-UD5. If I used the drivers from the disc the system would hang for about 5 minutes before shutting down. I reinstalled using the drivers from the Gigabyte website and the Intel drivers from Intel's website and the problem went away.

Doug

Comment

I have the same problem!
                          I've been searching everywhere for answers to this!
                          Newly built gaming rig using i7 950, UD7 and ATI 5870 crossfire, 12GB G.skill RAM (Ripjaw tri-channel 1600MHz)
                          Windows 7 ultimate 64bit,
                          I've found that when shutting down 5 times out of ten I get BSOD and when putting machine to sleep it will turn of monitors but hard disks keeps spinning as well as the fans. I have tried so many things and still not found a solution.
                          The only thing left to do is reinstall OS and drivers from scratch.
                          It sounds like this has resolved problem for you guys.
                          I really hope this works because aside from this problem its a great board!

Comment

with the ud7 board being new i would wait till newer bios's are released to fix it,it was a common problem with the ud5 but its fixed a good 5 bios's ago and try the latest beta bios's too they will contain all the latest fixes long before a final release...you can bet 100% its a bios issue
                            Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
                            Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                            Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
                            Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
                            Dual Boot
                            1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
                            1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
                            Ati x1950 pro gpu
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            1050w psu
                            Nzxt lexa case
                            http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Working...
                            X