Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p55M-UD2 spontaneous reboots

Re: p55M-UD2 spontaneous reboots

id have to say its memory. try setting the memory manually at factory specs and see if that does anything. or you might just try upping the dram voltage to stabilize
    Originally posted by Higgins
    Pro tip: don't piss off PC gamers on purpose

Comment

Have you tried running memtest to see if there are memory problems?

Comment

Yes, 20 passes and the new ram also checks out ok. I've verified the ram is on the recommended list from gigabyte as well, so it should work. The system is locking up exactly as it did before, even the keyboard lights are nonresponsive. I'm now suspicious of the motherboard.

Comment

what qpi voltages are you using? auto will always overvolt so set it manually,with random reboots like your describing it sounds like a ram issue to me
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

@wazza, which voltages do you recommend? I have a feeling this may be voltage/motherboard related, as the keyboard and other USB devices become non responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by SRed View Post
              @wazza, which voltages do you recommend? I have a feeling this may be voltage/motherboard related, as the keyboard and other USB devices become non responsive.
              what are they at the moment? cpu,qpi and ram?
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

I looked up the information you recommended, but it was bizarre, the pc was stable for three days when I booted the machine without the usb mouse and keyboard plugged in to different hubs. Weird. I came back to find the pc crashed again.

All of these values are motherboard set automatically optimized defaults, my proc was an OEM and came with no instructions for voltage or anything so I left them alone. Maybe thats the problem then?

QPI Link 4.8ghz
                CPU CLOCK 800mv
                Pci Express clock 800 mv

Load-line Set AUTO
                QPI Volt/VTT 1.100V
                CPU VCore 1.3125V
                PCH Core 1.050V
                CPU PLL 1.800V

DVID Auto / +0.0000V

Do any of these values seem wrong for an i5-750? I have a secondary machine I can post from if you have any recommendations for me to tinker with. Thank you again, wazzaa

Comment

I looked up the information you recommended, but it was bizarre, the pc was stable for three days when I booted the machine without the usb mouse and keyboard plugged in to different hubs. Weird. I came back to find the pc crashed again.

All of these values are motherboard set automatically optimized defaults, my proc was an OEM and came with no instructions for voltage or anything so I left them alone. Maybe thats the problem then?

QPI Link 4.8ghz
                  CPU CLOCK 800mv
                  Pci Express clock 800 mv

Load-line Set AUTO
                  QPI Volt/VTT 1.100V
                  CPU VCore 1.3125V
                  PCH Core 1.050V
                  CPU PLL 1.800V

DVID Auto / +0.0000V

Do any of these values seem wrong for an i5-750? I have a secondary machine I can post from if you have any recommendations for me to tinker with. Thank you again, wazzaa
                  your cpu voltage is a bit high for stock clocks,you could try the normal setting,also what bios are you using as the newer bios's will fix problems with usb keyboards and mice...and i would update the chipset drivers too from gigabyte website
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

I thank you so much for your help with everything Wazza. Could you direct me to some further information where I might be able to answer my questions? Intel's site is either feast-or-famine with information. I"m looking for known good configs for an i5 750 and the gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard.

Do you know what voltages would be normal for the i5 cpu? You said mine was a bit high.

Thanks again!

Comment

I thank you so much for your help with everything Wazza. Could you direct me to some further information where I might be able to answer my questions? Intel's site is either feast-or-famine with information. I"m looking for known good configs for an i5 750 and the gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard.

Do you know what voltages would be normal for the i5 cpu? You said mine was a bit high.

Thanks again!
                      well im no expert with the p55 boards but there all pretty much the same config,by normal i meant theres a marked "normal" setting for your cpu voltage in the bios,set it to that as the auto setting will always overvolt,and you can set yourram voltage to what ever its rated at usually 1.5v-1.66v in the bios....is qpi on auto voltages? regarding your problems its usually ram timings or not enuff qpi voltage that causes random lock ups like your describing
                      Last edited by wazza300; 01-02-2010, 08:15 PM.
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

You're right, there were auto and normal settings for most voltages. Why even make auto then if its going to cause potential instability?

I set it all on normal, so far so good! I'll let you know if this fixes things.

Comment

Working...
                        X