Overclocking E7200 on UD3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking E7200 on UD3R

I copied these settings and was about to overclock to 3.6ghz by bumping the vcore to 1.3 and the MCH core to 1.24

CPU is running at 400 x 9. Memory seems to max out at around 1035 mhz tho its currently lower.

CPU-Z displays the voltage at around 1.25 volts. Load Temp at Prime Stable is about 43 Celsius with Xigma 1283S.

Anyone have any suggestions for volt changes to other settings to try to get 3.8ghz stable with minimal VCORE? Any other tips or tricks appreciated.

And for those following my other posts I've concluded my PCI-EXPRESS slot is completely dead. Doing all this with a PCI card to see what the cpu is capable of while waiting for newly ordered UD3P.

PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) --------------- : [Auto] <--- set to 100

Performance Enhance ------------------- : [Turbo] <--- set to Standard when overclocking
    Extreme Memory Profile --- (X.M.P.) --- : [Disabled] <--- Leave this Disabled

Motherboard Voltage Control
    CPU

CPU Vcore --------------- 1.????? ------ : [Auto] <--- set to the 1.????? value displayed in your bios
    CPU Termination ---------- 1.200V* ----- : [Auto] <--- set to the value to the left (Auto over-volts this too much when overclocking) Auto is OK if not overclocking
    CPU PLL ------------------ 1.500V* ----- : [Auto] <--- set to the value to the left (Auto over-volts this too much when overclocking) Auto is OK if not overclocking

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core ---------------- 1.100V ------- : [Auto] <--- set to 1.20 for 2x2GB ram (1.24 - 1.26, or 1.05 might be needed)

ICH I/O ------------------ 1.500V ------- : [Auto] <--- set to the value displayed in your bios
    ICH Core ----------------- 1.100V ------- : [Auto] <--- set to the value displayed in your bios

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ------------ 1.800V ------- : [Auto] <--- set to the max rated ram voltage (for most memory)

Advanced Settings -------- The following settings will improve system stability for overclocked systems.
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3 -------------------- : [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect -------------- : [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ----------------- : [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support -------------------- : [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support ------------------ : [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2) ------------- : [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function ----------------------- : [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology ----------------- : [Disabled] <--- Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Re: Overclocking E7200 on UD3R

I had to use less Vcore for 3.6GHz not sure how much, was 1.168v under IBT load.
    Are those core temps? If not what are core temps under load?
    What is the CPU VID(defualt Vcore)?
    For current OC I use 1.3625v, a few notches less for 3.8GHz.

Comment

I didn't try to get lowest voltage possible at 3.6ghz. I got it stable at 3.8ghz now for the last hour of prime95 @ 9.5 * 400 by upping the chip voltages a little MCH core and terminal whatever ( based on old forum posts)

I have Vcore at 1.35 (default is 1.135 i think) now , after droop cpu-z reads like 1.28. Now according to core temp i load at about 50C. This cooler is really exquisite.

I had to use less Vcore for 3.6GHz not sure how much, was 1.168v under IBT load.
      Are those core temps? If not what are core temps under load?
      What is the CPU VID(defualt Vcore)?
      For current OC I use 1.3625v, a few notches less for 3.8GHz.

Comment

Yes temps re pretty low I get 10c higher at 19c(68F) ambiant for Prime95.
        Run 5-10 IBT runs at max stress level to verify there's enough Vcore.
        Temps may get 10-15c higher, GFlops should be around 24.8.
        I would try higher FSB with lower CPU Ratio, I have no idea how much this CPU can take as my board is limitied by the chpset and BIOS options.

Comment

With Intel Burn in test I go up to like 65-67 Celsius ! Still stable at 3.8ghz and 1.35 volts so I think this is what I'll leave it at. My only concern is that voltages other than vcore are to high. I'll post those all soon to see if they're ok. (MCH core terminal voltage etc.)

Comment

What is MCH Core?
            I myself XMP fan, and advise to use it especially if you leave timings on auto.
            I myself needed quite over 1.3v Vcore to be stable at 3.8GHz, somewhere around 1.35v.

Comment

I left MCH Core at stock (1.1) right now. It was at 1.24 for 3.8ghz and that was unstable. I think that this 3.69 doesn't always pass IBT either so any suggestions welcome.

Comment

Stock may be not enough for 400MHz FSB, try increasing it a notch or two.
                Also set RAM at or close to it's spec voltage you can try lower it later.
                Other things to expriment with, a notch up PLL, and a notch or two up CPU termination 1.22/1.24v, Vcore as needed within spec limits.

Comment

Working...
                X