Stops at "Verifying DMI Pool Data", reset helps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stops at "Verifying DMI Pool Data", reset helps

Not sure when this started, but my EX58-UD4P (F10k BIOS) hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" half the time. It might happen when I restarting Windows or just turning the computer on. Then if I press Reset it goes thru swimmingly.

I noticed this: when POST screen stays up for long time, waiting for external drives to spin up - it most likely will hang. After I reset it it goes through POST screen very fast and it's fine.

Could it be my USB external drives? Or is it something else? What are the options?

Re: Stops at "Verifying DMI Pool Data", reset helps

Are you overclocking by any chance? I find if i have a very unstable overclock it takes long to post and it will then hang somewhere in the boot process and it hangs on the verifying DMI pool.
    Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz+HT 1.36V / Gigabyte EX58-UD4P / G-Skill 3x2 gig DDR 2133 PERFECT STORM / MSI 5870 1GIG / Corsair HX1000 Watt/ CM Stacker 830 /
    Cooled By: Swiftech Apogee GTZ /Swiftech MCR-320 /1/2" ID Feser Flexible PVC Tubing /Swiftech MICRO Rev2 Reservoir /Swiftech MCP655 variable/Thermalright HR-05-ifx

Comment

For me very unstable overclock won't even get to the "Verifying..." part ) Just resets on POST. This behaviour is on overclocked i920 @ 3.2 GHz and it never happened before.

I did install liquid cooling system for the CPU today, though. I had to disassemble the entire machine, had to remove MB. Could this have something to do with it?..

Comment

Originally posted by asmodeus_dhoine View Post
        For me very unstable overclock won't even get to the "Verifying..." part ) Just resets on POST. This behaviour is on overclocked i920 @ 3.2 GHz and it never happened before.

I did install liquid cooling system for the CPU today, though. I had to disassemble the entire machine, had to remove MB. Could this have something to do with it?..
        Are your temps still within reasonable limits and maybe post the volatges and settings used.

Make sure PCI-E frequency is set manually to 100 and set QPI Link Speed to x36. See if that helps.
        3.2 should be a very easy overclock even on Air cooliong
        Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz+HT 1.36V / Gigabyte EX58-UD4P / G-Skill 3x2 gig DDR 2133 PERFECT STORM / MSI 5870 1GIG / Corsair HX1000 Watt/ CM Stacker 830 /
        Cooled By: Swiftech Apogee GTZ /Swiftech MCR-320 /1/2" ID Feser Flexible PVC Tubing /Swiftech MICRO Rev2 Reservoir /Swiftech MCP655 variable/Thermalright HR-05-ifx

Comment

Originally posted by jonathankru View Post
          Are your temps still within reasonable limits and maybe post the volatges and settings used.

Make sure PCI-E frequency is set manually to 100 and set QPI Link Speed to x36. See if that helps.
          3.2 should be a very easy overclock even on Air cooliong
          Temps should be no more than 60-70, I think.
          Okay, I'll do that and see if it happens again. Thank you.

Comment

No Problem. Post a Bios template with all your settings and maybe we can help OC your machine a bit or at least point you in the right direction. To much or to little voltage can cause lots of problems.

Good luck

Comment

No Problem. Post a Bios template with all your settings and maybe we can help OC your machine a bit or at least point you in the right direction. To much or to little voltage can cause lots of problems.

Good luck
              I can't make BIOS template right now, but I just tried to OC it to over 3.2 and it stops at "Verifying DMI..." all the time, much more that it does so at 3.2 GHz.

Oh, how do you make that template? Just write down values and enter in the template? Manually? :) I mean - maybe there's some sort of (semi)-automated way?

Comment

I can't make BIOS template right now, but I just tried to OC it to over 3.2 and it stops at "Verifying DMI..." all the time, much more that it does so at 3.2 GHz.

Oh, how do you make that template? Just write down values and enter in the template? Manually? :) I mean - maybe there's some sort of (semi)-automated way?
                That the only way i know of. You would laugh at all the scraps of paper i have on my desk with different bios settings written on. If you have a spare machine you could also use that to impute the values which would save allot of time for yourself.

Comment

That the only way i know of. You would laugh at all the scraps of paper i have on my desk with different bios settings written on. If you have a spare machine you could also use that to impute the values which would save allot of time for yourself.
                  Yeah, I could do that :) Laptop! Thanks )

Comment

So any luck?

Comment

So any luck?
                      Sorry, didn't have any time to do anything about this yet :-/ I'll do this next week, when I'm off.

Comment

Alright. Good luck

Comment

Sorry, didn't have any time to do anything about this yet :-/ I'll do this next week, when I'm off.
                          try unplugging all your drives and power down pc,press clear cmos at rear plug back in all your drives and power up,for 3.8ghz overclock template click on link in my sig,if you want to clock lower 3.2ghz-3.8ghz those setting will work fine just adjust the bclk and ram settings to suit
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Stops at &quot;Verifying DMI Pool Data&quot;, reset helps

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                            try unplugging all your drives and power down pc,press clear cmos at rear plug back in all your drives and power up,for 3.8ghz overclock template click on link in my sig,if you want to clock lower 3.2ghz-3.8ghz those setting will work fine just adjust the bclk and ram settings to suit
                            OK, I'll try that. I see your CPU stepping is D. Mine is C. Could it be the reason it wouldn't overclock well (so far)?

Comment

Re: Stops at &quot;Verifying DMI Pool Data&quot;, reset helps

OK, I'll try that. I see your CPU stepping is D. Mine is C. Could it be the reason it wouldn't overclock well (so far)?
                              you just might need a bit more cpu and qpi voltage than a d0 chip,try with those settings first and just up the qpi a few clicks to 1.35 if its not stable,cpu to 1.300,but try settings in sig first the voltages might work with 3.6ghz clock
                              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X