• EP43-UD3L issue

Hi all.

My comp spec is like this:

EP43-UD3L
    C2D 8400
    Palit 4850
    2 x 2gb Kingston ram

I got this problem after installing win7, but this may be an coincident

I am getting frequent crashes, but not BSOD. When these crashes occur, my screen will display white and black vertical lines and then i cant use the mouse or keyboard anymore.

Sometimes, the comp will refuse to start up but its usually solved when I switched it off and on again. But today, it still doesnt solves itself after many tries. The comp gives a long beep and a short beep before "dozing off"
    I finally got it to start after I removed put back the memory sticks. Still the usual problems persists.

I suspect that this has got to do with faulty memory stick or GPU. Can anyone help me diagnose the problem?

Re: EP43-UD3L issue

If you have not began by Loading optimized defaults please do so.
    Please provide the information described in steps 1-4 in this post.
    BIOS full settings not required if you have not made any changes.
    It is likely you will need highr MCH Core for 2x2GB memory configuration, try 1.15v for a start, 1.2v of that's not enough.
    Run several passes (6+) of memtest86+ to verify ram/settings integrity.

Comment

Thanks, I'll post them tmr.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not able to boot up the computer already. Before that, I changed the mch voltage to 1.2 and it worked fine until I restart the second time.

Now, the computer won't start up regardless of how I rearrange the memory card. There's a beeping code, but I cannot be sure whether its 1 long 1 short or 1 long and 2 rapid short beeps. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

So I think there's a few choices

1. Get a repair person, though it may cost
        2. Buy a memory stick and test whether it can work
        3. Assume its the motherboard problem and send it for rma.

I should also mention that I used @bios before when the crashing start. Any advice here?

Comment

Try clearin CMOS as described in the second part of this post.
          Then try to boot with one memory stick. If you seucceed load and save BIOS optimized defaults.
          Please provide the information that I asked in post #2, at least fill your forum signature with your system specs and link to ram specs.
          What is the value in BIOS on the right of Memory Frequency?
          @BIOS is not recommended for flashing BIOS, whice BIOS version have you flashed to?
          See that the NorthBridge heatsink is seasted properly, don't try to move if just see that it is not bent and push it down gently at the center.

Comment

Hi, sorry for the lack of updates. I've sent the comp for repair, after jumping the CMOS but still not getting a response.

I was told my graphic card got fried. But anyway thanks a lot for your help. No doubt you've spent a lot of effort typing these instructions.

Comment

Working...
            X