P55A-UD4P + G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Memtest86+ error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P55A-UD4P + G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Memtest86+ error

Hey, I'm having some problems with my current new set up, and I'm hoping to get some help from you guys.

I've been referred here from tomshardware.com, so here is my original thread.

Originally posted by Russian1337
    Hey there, just got myself a new rig, started overclocking my i7 860, and after testing with prime95 I've ran into some issues.
    After running it for around two hours (sometimes more sometimes less), a core would create an error. Usually, I figure, such issues are usually CPU related and can be fixed by upping the voltage. I've went from 1.1 to 1.35, and still get the same issue. This is OCing to 3.5ghz with turbo off and hyper threading on.
    I also figured that I would be able to do this quite simply, I have a hyper 212+ for my heatsink. I did more intel burn tests, always got an error, no matter what voltage, just as long as I'm OCing.

After some thinking, I figured maybe ram is the culprit here. So I did the windows 7 ram diagnostic tool, and it showed that I had an issue.
    Then I did memtest86+ several times, and got an error at the address 00023fcdd54. This is with two sticks. Now I ran the test numerous times with just a single memory stick and everytime I get no error.. But when I run it with two of em, I always get the error.

My timings are as advertised - 9-9-9-24 @ 1600 with 1.5v.

Oh yeah, the motherboard is P55A-UD4P. Perhaps the motherboard is the issue? Maybe I need to try different slots? I really have no clue to be honest, I've just tried so many things I can't keep track of everything.

What would be the best approach to my problem?
    Specific ways to test each of the ram sticks? Get some new ones? Test the motherboard, somehow.
    I'm not exactly getting any errors when running two sticks, it's just they show up in the memtest and when prime95 does it's extreme test and also the intel burn test. I have no issues out side of this, but I just want to make sure that I wont have any issues in the future and perhaps maybe I should change something while I can still return it.

Thanks, any input is appreciated. It's 3AM here, going to bed. Hoping to get some help tomorrow, perhaps I'm forgetting something. I apologize if so. Please, help me. Thanks.
    After this I did more testing, with my processor running at stock speeds.
    Memtest86+ always finds an error when I have two sticks on my motherboard. I have the F5 bios btw! It is usually the following address: 00023fcdd54, but when I switched my sticks around, from the two slots, I got the error at this address: 00023fcdd14. Both of these at 575.8mb. It only happens when running test #4, so that's the only test I run when testing, because all the rest of them work quite fine. Now, when testing just one ram stick at a time (in the 1st slot, a.k.a. slot #0), they both work fine. No errors, I've ran these tests 6 times on each of the ram sticks, no luck finding the same error.

My timings are set up as advertised on the ram - 9-9-9-24 @1600. XMP is on, but I've tested with it off, same deal. All voltage and etc settings are set to auto. I've downclocked once to 1400, just for the hell of it, found the same error.

Umm, also, when testing and right now, my ram is at 799.5MHz DRAM frequency, not sure if this makes a difference.

So yeah, that's about it. I'm guessing ether the ram is faulty or the motherboard socket is, but I'm hoping that this is just an issue with my set up and perhaps some changes in the bios would fix it. In reality, this issue hasn't affected me in any way so far, but I just want everthing to be perfect and I want to make sure this doesn't screw me up later on. Perhaps prime95 will stop failing once this is fixed so I can actually figure out how much I can OC my processor.

For those who are confused, here are my specs:
    Processor: i7 860 + Hyper 212 Plus
    Motherboard: GA-P55A-UD4P @ F5
    RAM: GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Video: Asus 5850
    Case: Antec 1200

I think that's about all the info. Any insight is appreciated. Tell me what to do, I'll do it. Thanks for everything and I'm hoping to solve this as soon as possible.

Re: P55A-UD4P + G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Memtest86+ error

Prime95 for three hours now with everything at stock and with memory @ 1600 (more like @ 159X) and no failures. It appears like there is no problem, I'll start overclocking a little, as well as try the windows 7 memory error tool on each of the ram sticks at a time. Hope it all goes well. I really have no idea who to call guilty!

Comment

Seems you have one faulty stick (at least), try to find wich it is
      The address shifted by 64 bytes. I am not sure on how dual-channel operates but this a one memory cache line difference.
      If this address is used by the system Prime95 is unlikely to find any problem, but you probably want it replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
        Seems you have one faulty stick (at least), try to find wich it is
        The address shifted by 64 bytes. I am not sure on how dual-channel operates but this a one memory cache line difference.
        If this address is used by the system Prime95 is unlikely to find any problem, but you probably want it replaced.
        How did you find out the difference? I just listed the addresses at which the mistakes were found.
        It listed the following information: Good - ffffdfff, Bad - ffffdff7, which comes to a difference of 8. Bleh what a small number to stress over.
        The thing is, I can't figure out why this error is not found when running a single memory stick at each time. I've tested both, number of times, no luck. This is why I think it may be the motherboard's socket. I want to make sure it is the memory, and not the motherboard. Is there any way I could check for this? Would sticking the ram into the 2nd slot work, with nothing in the 1st? I really really appreciate your responce. But your absolutely sure that this small number wouldn't affect prime95, huh.. I guess that means there wasn't enough voltage going though my processor. So, what should be my actions? How else can I test my ram? Or the motherboard sockets.. Thanks again.

Comment

00023fcdd54 - 00023fcdd14 = 40(hex) = 64 decimal

I'd guess it's the stick in slot #1 when you had the error at 00023fcdd14.
          If you remember which test failed run this test only with one stick.

Since the address changed when you switch the sticks it's very likely it's the memory and not the board.

The problem is, it is one bit in one byte that is faulty, if it's for example use by the system as cache or for one of it's processes Prime95 will never have access to this memory address and will never find it.
          Prime95 can detect wrong settings that may effect every memory address, the chances it will find one faulty address are near zero.

As of which slot to use I realy don't know. I think the P55 like the X58 are strickt about which slots are used at each configuration. See what are options for one memory stick configuration.

Comment

00023fcdd54 - 00023fcdd14 = 40(hex) = 64 decimal

I'd guess it's the stick in slot #1 when you had the error at 00023fcdd14.
            If you remember which test failed run this test only with one stick.

Since the address changed when you switch the sticks it's very likely it's the memory and not the board.

The problem is, it is one bit in one byte that is faulty, if it's for example use by the system as cache or for one of it's processes Prime95 will never have access to this memory address and will never find it.
            Prime95 can detect wrong settings that may effect every memory address, the chances it will find one faulty address are near zero.

As of which slot to use I realy don't know. I think the P55 like the X58 are strickt about which slots are used at each configuration. See what are options for one memory stick configuration.
            See, my biggest problem at this point is the fact that I can only create the problem when I have both of the sticks on the motherboard. When they are there separately, they work absolutely fine, and I've checked both of the slots on the motherboard with both of the sticks - one of them passed for 8 times and then I quit and the other for 26.. Now going to run the test a couple of times until the problem occurs and then switch them in place (the memory sticks) and see the address change. Not really sure what to do next, but I suppose it's quite safe to assume that the problem is the memory, and not the motherboard and surely not the processor.

Comment

Can you post a template of your bios settings? I would try to take some of your bios settings off auto and start using manual settings. I have the same board, hs, and ram. Plus I am using 4 sticks of the ram which is a little bit more challenging to get working right. I had posted my bios settings on this thread. I ended up using the settings in post #9. Maybe it might serve as a guide to resolve your problem.

Good luck.
              1) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @[email protected] bios, TRUE 120, Scythe UltraKaze 44cfm, 4x2gb GSkill 8500, Visiontek 3870, Corsair TX850, Antec 900, Win7-64 Home.
              2) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @[email protected] bios, TRUE 120, Schythe UltraKaze 44 cfm, 4x2gb Buffalo FireStyx 8500, XFX 5770, Corsair AX850, CM Scout, WinXP Pro/Win 7-64 Home.
              3) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (rev 1.0, bios F5) i5 750 @[email protected] bios, CM Hyper 212+, 4x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1600, 7900GS, Corsair TX750, CM Scout, Win7 Pro-64.
              4) Asus P8Z68-V Pro (bios 0801), i5-2500K @[email protected] cpuz, Megahalem rev.B, 4x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600, Corsair AX850, Antec 902, Corsair Performance 3 128GB, Win7-64 Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian1337 View Post
                See, my biggest problem at this point is the fact that I can only create the problem when I have both of the sticks on the motherboard. When they are there separately, they work absolutely fine, and I've checked both of the slots on the motherboard with both of the sticks - one of them passed for 8 times and then I quit and the other for 26.. Now going to run the test a couple of times until the problem occurs and then switch them in place (the memory sticks) and see the address change. Not really sure what to do next, but I suppose it's quite safe to assume that the problem is the memory, and not the motherboard and surely not the processor.
                It could be a small drop of vDIMM that make the problem surface when 2 sticks are installed. Check DDR voltage in PC Health with one and 2 stick installed and see if there is any difference.
                If it is the same test number that always fail with both sticks, run this test only on a single stick to save time and increase probability of detecting the problem. Press C, 3, then the test number and Enter if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by BoombasticSloth View Post
                  Can you post a template of your bios settings? I would try to take some of your bios settings off auto and start using manual settings. I have the same board, hs, and ram. Plus I am using 4 sticks of the ram which is a little bit more challenging to get working right. I had posted my bios settings on this thread. I ended up using the settings in post #9. Maybe it might serve as a guide to resolve your problem.

Good luck.
                  Yeah, going to get right on that asap! Will change settings according to your set up. Thanks a lot! And I'm guessing I need to note down the bios settings manually, right? Gonna do that, too. Thanks a lot, hoping to get help!

It could be a small drop of vDIMM that make the problem surface when 2 sticks are installed. Check DDR voltage in PC Health with one and 2 stick installed and see if there is any difference.
                  If it is the same test number that always fail with both sticks, run this test only on a single stick to save time and increase probability of detecting the problem. Press C, 3, then the test number and Enter if I remember correctly.
                  Aye sir, starting now. Thanks. Will report back.

Also, I've left my single memory stick at a time over night to do the memory test, one ran 244 times with no error so I quit, the other ran like 10 times, I'm going to do more on the 2nd one just to make sure.

When having two sticks in however, I recorded the addresses which were causing the error and switched the two sticks and recorded it again. Here's what I got:

With stick #1 in slot 0 and with stick #2 in slot 1,
                  Error address: 00023fcdd14 - 575.0mb, Good - 5c0d5e1b, Bad - 5c0d5e13. Difference of 8.

With stick #2 in slot 0 and with stick #1 in slot 1,
                  Error address: 00023fcdd54 - 575.0mb, Good - b6d5537c, Bad - b6d55375. Difference of 8.

So yeah, that's about that. Starting to do what you both have asked. Thanks a whole lot.

Comment

The difference of 8 is one bit difference of the low(first for little-endian machines) byte of the four tested at a time.
                    Byte is the smallest atomic unit that can be accessed(addressed). Each byte has 8 bits represented as 2 hexdecimal digits(0-F).
                    The difference between the good 1b(11011 binary) and the bad 13(10011) is in the 4th bit of the byte that was expected to be on (1) and found to be off (0).
                    The address they are found in, 00023fcdd14 & 00023fcdd54, are 64 bytes from each other.
                    If found with one stick it will be at 00011fe6e8a (half way) that's my guess.

A bit off-topic, just trying to explain the difference between error bits and error address.

Comment

The difference of 8 is one bit difference of the low(first for little-endian machines) byte of the four tested at a time.
                      Byte is the smallest atomic unit that can be accessed(addressed). Each byte has 8 bits represented as 2 hexdecimal digits(0-F).
                      The difference between the good 1b(11011 binary) and the bad 13(10011) is in the 4th bit of the byte that was expected to be on (1) and found to be off (0).
                      The address they are found in, 00023fcdd14 & 00023fcdd54, are 64 bytes from each other.
                      If found with one stick it will be at 00011fe6e8a (half way) that's my guess.

A bit off-topic, just trying to explain the difference between error bits and error address.
                      Haha thanks for the insight, makes more sence now.
                      I didn't quite figure out how to get what voltages my ram is getting, not sure what tool I would need. As far as the bios settings, I've set them exactly the same as in post #9 (with some exceptions), surely enough still getting the same error. Here are my settings:

Advanced Frequency Settings:

CPU Clock Ratio..........................[20X]
                      CPU requency.............................3.80GHz(190x2 0)
                      Advanced CPU Core Features...............[Press Enter]
                      QPI Clock Ratio..........................[x32]
                      QPI Link Speed...........................6.08Ghz
                      Uncore Clock Ratio.......................18x (vs the 16x original)
                      Uncore Frequency.........................2400Mhz (vs the 3040Mhz original)

Advanced Core Features [Press Enter]:

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech................[Disabled]
                      CPU Cores Enabled........................[All]
                      CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)..................[Disabled]
                      C3/C6/C7 State Support...................[Disabled]
                      CPU Thermal Monitor......................[Auto]
                      CPU EIST Function........................[Disable]
                      Bi-Directional PROCHOT...................[Auto]

>>>>> Standard Clock Control <<<<<

Base Clock (BCLK) Control................[Enabled]
                      BCLK Frequency ..........................[190]
                      Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)..........[Disabled]
                      System Memory Multiplier (SPD)...........[8.0]
                      Memory Frequency (MHz)...................1520
                      PCI Express Frequency (MHz)..............[100]
                      C.I.A.2..................................[Disabled]

>>>>> Advanced Clock Control <<<<<

CPU Clock Drive..........................[ 800mV]
                      PCI Express Clock Drive..................[ 900mV]
                      CPU Clock Skew...........................[ 0ps]

Advanced Memory Settings:

Memory Frequency (MHz)..........1333.....1520
                      Performance Enhance (SPD)............. [Standard]
                      DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)............ [Expert]
                      Profile DDR Voltage .....................1.5V
                      Profile QPI Voltage .....................1.1V
                      Channel Interleaving............6........[Auto]
                      Rank Interleaving...............4........[Auto]

>>>>> Channel A & B

Channel A Timing Settings [Press Enter]:
                      Cas Latency Time...................9....[9]
                      tRCD...............................9....[9]
                      tRP................................9....[9]
                      tRAS...............................24...[24]

>>>>> Advanced Timing Control

tRC................................33..[Auto]
                      tRRD...............................4...[Auto]
                      tWTR...............................5...[Auto]
                      tWR................................10..[Auto]
                      tWTP...............................21..[Auto]
                      tWL................................7...[Auto]
                      tRFC...............................74..[Auto]
                      tRTP...............................5...[Auto]
                      tFAW...............................20..[Auto]
                      Command Rate (CMD).................1(vs 2 original).. [AUTO] (vs 2 original)

>>>>> Misc Timing Control

B2B Cas Delay..........................[Auto]
                      Round Trip Latency.................46(vs 56 original)..[Auto]

Channel A Turnaround Settings [Press Enter]:
                      Different DIMMs........................[Auto]
                      On The Same Rank.......................[Auto]

>>>>> Channel A Writes Followed By Writes

Advanced Voltage Settings:

******Mother Board Voltage Control ******
                      Voltage Types............Normal......Current
                      --------------------------------------------

>>> CPU
                      Load Line Calibration.................[Disabled]
                      CPU Vcore..................1.225V.....[1.30625V]
                      x Dynamic Vcore(DVID)..... +0.0000V...AUTO
                      QPI/VTT Voltage............1.100V.....[1.270V]

>>> MCH/ICH
                      PCH Core...................1.050V.....[1.140V]
                      CPU PLL....................1.800V.....[1.900V]

>>> DRAM
                      DRAM Voltage..............1.500v.....[1.500V]
                      DRAM Termination.........0.750v......[0.75V]
                      Ch-A Data VRef............0.750v.....[0.75V]
                      Ch-B Data VRef............0.750v.....[0.75V]

Miscellaneous Settings:
                      Isochronous Support....................[Enabled]
                      Virtualisation technology..............[Enabled]

USB Storage Function ..................[Disabled]

So yeah.. I'm guessing its most logical to say that the memory is screwed up. It still bugs me that I can only get this error with two sticks in place, and never with just one. It also bugs me that if I didn't do the test just in case, I would have been happily using this PC, never stopping to think about my ram. Now just going to wait for some instructions as to what to do next.

I've also got some questions for the hyper 212+. Can you "twist" yours once it is seated on the CP and everything tightened? I can twist mine abour 15+ degrees, this is really unsetteling for me, moreover, I'm getting the following temps (idle) with the above settings -> 37, 32, 37, 32 with Realtemp. These are higher than your temperatures, correct? Perhaps my heatsink is seated the wrong way or something.. Or I'm doing this entire thing wrong.

They should be more like 32 then 37, I think.. Let me know, also, which thermal paste are you using? That would be nice additional info! Thanks. Waiting for instructions.

EDIT: Well, I tested it on load, getting 65, 62, 62, 62.. Maybe I'm ok..
                      EDIT2: Well... More like 67, 65, 65 65..
                      EDIT3: Oh god and prime95 had the 4th core fail on the 20th test within 20 minutes.. Somebody help me, something MUST be wrong..

Last edited by Russian1337; 12-23-2009, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, I can twist my hyper 212+ a tad bit as well. You probably have your hs attached properly. Your i7-860 has HT enables so it will likely be hotter than my i5 which has no HT. I am using some old OCZ Ultra 2 or something like that. It is supposed to be similar to arctic silver. You may want to try command rate 2 instead of 1. Also you might want to try to bump up your vcore a bit more but keep an eye on the load temps. We are only running at 1520mhz which is less than the rated 1600mhz, so it is a shame that things are working for you.

It is about 3:30am now and I am too tired to think straight, so I will throw out some suggestion in the morning.

all the best.
                        1) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @[email protected] bios, TRUE 120, Scythe UltraKaze 44cfm, 4x2gb GSkill 8500, Visiontek 3870, Corsair TX850, Antec 900, Win7-64 Home.
                        2) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @[email protected] bios, TRUE 120, Schythe UltraKaze 44 cfm, 4x2gb Buffalo FireStyx 8500, XFX 5770, Corsair AX850, CM Scout, WinXP Pro/Win 7-64 Home.
                        3) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (rev 1.0, bios F5) i5 750 @[email protected] bios, CM Hyper 212+, 4x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1600, 7900GS, Corsair TX750, CM Scout, Win7 Pro-64.
                        4) Asus P8Z68-V Pro (bios 0801), i5-2500K @[email protected] cpuz, Megahalem rev.B, 4x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600, Corsair AX850, Antec 902, Corsair Performance 3 128GB, Win7-64 Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian1337 View Post
                          I didn't quite figure out how to get what voltages my ram is getting, not sure what tool I would need.
                          BIOS PC Health Status shows it, in Windows EeasyTune's Monitor tab, other software like SpeedFan and HWMonitor(CPUID) can also be used, not sure if the last 2 work with P55 boards.

Comment

Firstly, let's see if we can get your memory running stable with dual channel at its rated speed without oc'ing the cpu. What are your temps at idle and load as per cpuid with these settings? I left the voltage settings as before because this should be more than enough for 2.80ghz. Your cpu should be able to handle this as should your mobo. I don't recall you mentioning what psu you are using. When under load, can you test your voltage rails with a digital multi-meter?

Code:
                                                     <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">                              [SIZE=1]Advanced Frequency Settings:

CPU Clock Ratio..........................[[COLOR=Red]14X[/COLOR]]
                            CPU requency.............................[COLOR=Red]2.80GHz(200x14)[/COLOR]
                            QPI Link Speed...........................6.40Ghz
                            Uncore Clock Ratio....................... whatever
                            Uncore Frequency......................... whatever

Advanced Core Features  [Press Enter]:

>>>>>   Standard Clock Control <<<<<

BCLK Frequency ..........................[[COLOR=Red]200[/COLOR]]
                            Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)..........[Disabled] [COLOR=Red]can also try xmp profile as well[/COLOR]
                            Memory Frequency (MHz)...................1600

>>>>>   Advanced Clock Control   <<<<<

CPU Clock Skew...........................[   0ps]

Memory Frequency (MHz)..........1333.....1600
                            Performance Enhance   (SPD)............. [Standard]

>>>>>   Channel A & B

Channel A Timing Settings            [Press Enter]:

>>>>>   Advanced Timing Control

Command Rate (CMD).................[COLOR=Red]2[/COLOR]

>>>>>   Misc Timing Control

>>>>>   Channel A Writes Followed By Writes

>>> CPU
                            CPU Vcore..................([COLOR=Red]what value is here in your bios?[/COLOR]).....[1.30625V]

>>> MCH/ICH

>>> DRAM

Miscellaneous Settings:

USB Storage Function ..................[Disabled][/SIZE]                      </td> </tr> </tbody></table> [SIZE=2]
                            [/SIZE]

Comment

BIOS PC Health Status shows it, in Windows EeasyTune's Monitor tab, other software like SpeedFan and HWMonitor(CPUID) can also be used, not sure if the last 2 work with P55 boards.
                              I checked both the voltages, they stayed the same when using both or just one stick. It's at 1.536v. Used the PC Health Status.

Originally posted by BoombasticSloth View Post
                              Firstly, let's see if we can get your memory running stable with dual channel at its rated speed without oc'ing the cpu. What are your temps at idle and load as per cpuid with these settings? I left the voltage settings as before because this should be more than enough for 2.80ghz. Your cpu should be able to handle this as should your mobo. I don't recall you mentioning what psu you are using. When under load, can you test your voltage rails with a digital multi-meter?

Code:
                                                       <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">                              [SIZE=1]Advanced Frequency Settings:

CPU Clock Ratio..........................[[COLOR=Red]14X[/COLOR]]
                              CPU requency.............................[COLOR=Red]2.80GHz(200x14)[/COLOR]
                              QPI Link Speed...........................6.40Ghz
                              Uncore Clock Ratio....................... whatever
                              Uncore Frequency......................... whatever

Advanced Core Features  [Press Enter]:

>>>>>   Standard Clock Control <<<<<

BCLK Frequency ..........................[[COLOR=Red]200[/COLOR]]
                              Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)..........[Disabled] [COLOR=Red]can also try xmp profile as well[/COLOR]
                              Memory Frequency (MHz)...................1600

>>>>>   Advanced Clock Control   <<<<<

CPU Clock Skew...........................[   0ps]

Memory Frequency (MHz)..........1333.....1600
                              Performance Enhance   (SPD)............. [Standard]

>>>>>   Channel A & B

Channel A Timing Settings            [Press Enter]:

>>>>>   Advanced Timing Control

Command Rate (CMD).................[COLOR=Red]2[/COLOR]

>>>>>   Misc Timing Control

>>>>>   Channel A Writes Followed By Writes

>>> CPU
                              CPU Vcore..................([COLOR=Red]what value is here in your bios?[/COLOR]).....[1.30625V]

>>> MCH/ICH

>>> DRAM

Miscellaneous Settings:

USB Storage Function ..................[Disabled][/SIZE]                      </td> </tr> </tbody></table> [SIZE=2]
                              [/SIZE]
                              Set everything just like you asked. Here are my temperatures:
                              Idle:

Load:

XMP is on. I want you to know however that the default settings for this chip however is something like 160 BCLK Frequency but 20 mutliplier, which basically also reaches the 2.80GHz mark.
                              The default voltage is 1.13125v, vs the 1.3 that I have currently running. I'm going to let it prime for some hours, just for the hell of it. I'm not even sure if I'm stable at stock.
                              Then I will run the memory test, but I'm more than sure it will fail again since I've ran it with and without OC and it found the same error at the same address. I'm going over to my work tomorrow, just to test this memory on a different motherboard. I will run the same test and see if it will pick it up, once again just to make sure it is not the motherboard, because if nothing is found then it would make sence that the issue here is ether the motherboard or the bios. On the bright side, intel burn test no longer fails.
                              Thanks for your interest in my problem, both of you! If you think there is something else I should test while I'm at work, let me know. And unfortunately I don't have anything I could test my rails with, but here's the PSU and it seems like it's not exactly a bad one. Rosewill isn't a company known for their superb PSUs, but this one seems like a first decent one by them. Thanks again.
                              Last edited by Russian1337; 12-23-2009, 09:47 PM. Reason: XMP, not XML..

Comment

Working...
                              X