Error Codes on Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Codes on Boot

Hi I just built a system using a GA-P55-U6. I bought an ATi HD4870 video card to go with this. I have a 750W ps which is more then the recommended 500W ps. When I try to boot with this card installed I get an error code of 26 on the Debug LED. When I install an HD3450? I think thats the card. It is just a cheap one I had a while ago for another computer and I dont really remember what it is now. Well with that one in the computer boots fine. I am able to get into the BIOS and boot from a CD ect no issues. All I am looking for is for some one to tell me what the error code 26 means. I am going to try and find another computer I can install the 4870 in tomorrow but I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if it is an issue with the MB before I did that.

Re: Error Codes on Boot

This is error code 62, test video memory. Error codes are linked in my signature for X58 and I believe they are the same for P55, most of them anyway.

It's too bad P55 BIOS does not offer SouthBridge voltage adjustments, as a simple bump to this could fix it if this was the cause. But you can't so we can't test this.

I would start with testing the card in another system, so yes please do that once you have the chance as it may be a faulty card.

Are you using the latest BIOS, if not this could help as well, update using your older card and please use Qflash to update. Here is the latest BIOS thread and a guide for Qflash >>

Comment

Thanks for the help. I just got called out of town for work so I will have to try this when I get back. Will let you know then how it went.

Comment

Okay so I dont have another setup where I can test the card. I did however update the bios to the most up to date. That went fine. I was able to reset all settings to default and then change any settings I need to. I changed my boot order back to CD then HD then nothing as I always set it up. However now I am having another issue and I am not sure if this is an issue with the motherboard or the install of windows I am using. Before I updated the BIOS I was able to boot into a windows 7 install but was unable to install onto either hard drive I have. Now after updating the bios I am getting an error saying Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and press enter. This is when I try to boot from the CD. Of the two HDs I have installed one is a brand new drive and the other is an old one from another computer but neither have any OS installed. This is getting a little frustrating, this is hardly the first computer I have build but its been nothing but problems so far. Please any help you can give will be appreciated.

Comment

so you dont have any os installed at the moment? is your cd drive sata or ide? make sure its selected in bios
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Okay forget all that. I was able to get it to boot from CD after updating the BIOS for the 4th time. I am still however having my first issue with the video card. It shows error code 26 when read left to right, or 92 from the other way. I dont have another system to test the video card on. I am left with either returning the video card I think.

Comment

did u set first init display as your gpu? pci-e#1 or #2? ect
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I will be honest, no I hadnt even thought of that. But I have installed another video card and it POSTs just fine. I was able to go through and install Windows 7. However if I try to install the HD4870 I am still unable to get it to work. Still get the same error code of 26

Comment

Working...
                X