Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help running RAM at 1600 on P55 UD3-R

Hi all,

I built a new I5/P55 GD3 based system yesterday and it's all working great apart from my memory which will not appear to run at its rated speed of 1600.

I left the system running Prime95 overnight clocked up at 3.8GHz (19x200) with the memory running at 1200 and it was rock solid stable, but changing the memory to 1600 and it fails to POST. I've tried a range of BCLK and divider values to attempt to reach 1600 (even with a low CPU multiplier) but they all seem to fail to POST.

Here's a bunch of info that might be useful:

RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws 1600 7-8-7-24 @ 1.6v
    MOBO: P55 UD3R with F2 BIOS

Looking at my RAM SPD info it gives the following @ 1600:
    CAS: 7
    RAS to CAS: 8
    RAS precharge: 7
    tRAS: 24
    tRC: 40
    Command: 2T
    voltage: 1.6v

I've been into the BIOS and changed all the timings manually, but there are a bunch of others in there that I don't understand so I've left them on auto apart from the above.

Any ideas/suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks

Re: Need help running RAM at 1600 on P55 UD3-R

Please grab a template from my signature and give me your full settings you try that fail, then I can advise back

But really, first update your BIOS and try again if you like as that is a very old BIOS. Here is the latest for your board

And please DO read this if you are not sure how to safely flash, and DO NOT USE @BIOS

Comment

Apoligies for not posting in the correct format, however after following your advice and flashing the BIOS, I'm now running revision F4 and everything works perfectly with RAM @ 1600 with BCLK at 200.

Thanks

Comment

Sweet to hear!

No need to apologize, I was just asking for your settings that way because it is easier to help you out using a template and we can see all the settings we need to see to help you.

If you need any help with anything else post back anytime!

Comment

Working...
        X