Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with gigabyte ep45 ud3r,bsod ram related

hello to everyone!
    i'm experiencing bad trouble with my motherboard...i assembled my computer in march and it ran fine until a month ago.Then it began giving random windows bsod...
    so i disconnected the hd and i ran a linux live rescue cd.I started browsing with it,and after some time it crashed!
    So we can assume it's not a windows related problem,neither hd related.
    If i run memtest,it can go ahead for 3 hours and perhaps more with no errors.But sometimes,if i reboot after a crash and run memtest,i get tons of errors!however this does not happen every time:most time if i run memtest after a crash i get no errors.It's random,and it happens with both memory module.(and yes i already tried with a module at once,in different memory slots)
    So i tried to:
    1)update the bios
    2)relax timings
    3)set the ram performance enhance to standard
    4)disable usb legacy support
    5)disable the epp
    6)raise mch core voltage to 1.2v
    7)I tried with another psu
    8)i buyed another stick of ram(of a different brand)
    note:before you ask,ram voltage is ok,2.1v for the 1066mhz corsair modules and standard 1.8v for the new kingstone module.

Unfortunately the problem is still here.
    i seriously suspect it's a motherboard issue...i'm going to send it in rma...

or maybe it's a cpu or vga issue?i think it is not...but i am not sure.
    any help will be appreciated.
    :D

Re: trouble with gigabyte ep45 ud3r,bsod ram related

What BSOD Codes are you seeing? They look like this 0x00000000 for example

If you are using 4GB you may need 1.24 MCH Core, and or some boards work better with less than stock such as 1.0-1.1

I really would need to know the code to better advise you, as it cold be anything such as a program or virus/spyware, or a driver or incorrect setting in your BIOS.

It would really not be anything to do with the board itself, so no need to RMA your board. Boards do not cause BSOD's, this is normally as said above, driver, programs, settings, viruses/spyware, or could be faulty drives or GFX related issues. There is no board specific BSOD or anyway a board would really cause one, if a board was bad it would not start or do something else random or funny but not give crashes or BSOD's like you are seeing.

For now, give me your full settings (Template in my signature) and specs/link to the memory you are currently using and I will advise back changes to try. Be sure you are using the latest BIOS and are starting with optimized defaults and not Fail Safe.

Also, if you can give me the BSOD codes. If you are unsure, can you cause the BSOD or does it happen often? If so I can show you how to disable automatic restart on BSOD and then you can get the code next time it happens as it will remain on screen until you restart the system manually.

Comment

First of all,thank you for the answer :)
      Then sorry for the delay but i have tested the system's stability with the new memory module for the last two days.

bsod appeared quite often with corsair memory...now with kingstone memory i can even achieve 12 hours uptime. Luckily i found a certain method to obtain a bsod without waiting...it seems that opening and closing a pdf file with my pdf viewer can do the trick...uhmmm...infact this is the only method to cause bsod with kingstone module(till now,perhaps two day of testing are not enough).So the system was unstable with corsair and now it's about 90% stable...something has changed,but it's not ok yet....i am quite puzzled

Anyway,the error message is "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area"
      The error code is 0x00000050 (0xffff00f8,0x00000000,0x8054b51a,0x00000000)

my specs:
      cpu:core2duo e8400
      mobo:gigabyte ep45 ud3r rev 1.0
      bios:f11(it's the latest)
      psu:ocz stealthxstream 500w
      (i also tried an old enermax noisetaker 485watt with no results)
      vga:sparkle geforce 7900gs
      ram:2x1 gb corsair dominator cm2x1024-8500c5d
      ram:the new memory module i bought two days ago to make sure that it was not ram's fault is a 1 gb module by kingstone kvr800d2n5/1g)

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      It would really not be anything to do with the board itself, so no need to RMA your board. Boards do not cause BSOD's, this is normally as said above, driver, programs, settings, viruses/spyware, or could be faulty drives or GFX related issues. There is no board specific BSOD or anyway a board would really cause one, if a board was bad it would not start or do something else random or funny but not give crashes or BSOD's like you are seeing.
      Last edited by Sparperetor; 12-12-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

memory freq at 800?
        Gigabyte EP45-UD3R P45 775 R (rev: 1.1),
        Intel Core2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale @ 3.80 GHz (EO),
        4 X 2GB DDR2-1066 G.SKILL PC8500CL5D
        SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770
        Intel X25-M SATA SSD 80 GB
        LG DVD+R 6X Blu-ray SATA Burner MD-GGW-H2OL
        CREATIVE SB X-Fi XTREME Audio 7.1 PCI-E
        Cooler Master Stacker 830 EVO
        Cooler Master Silent Pro M850
        XIGMATEK HDT-S1284EE 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
        ZALMAN ZM-MFC3 Fan controller
        Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by CoolMaster View Post
          memory freq at 800?
          Yes,why do you ask?What's strange?

Comment

Do both Corsair sticks fail memtest86+ when tested indivifually with Performance Enhance starndard and XMP disabled?
            Do they fail in other slots as well?

WDIT what version of memtest86+ are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
              Do both Corsair sticks fail memtest86+ when tested indivifually with Performance Enhance starndard and XMP disabled?
              Do they fail in other slots as well?

WDIT what version of memtest86+ are you using?
              Yes they do.One stick failed twice,the other stick failed once,in total memtest failed three times .However most times memtest worked fine...it's quite random. I have had many bsod but few memtest failures...whatever is going wrong, lasts for little time and only occasionally it lasts enough to let me detect with memtest... no matter what slot is in use,there are always troubles with that ram. Luckily with the kingstone stick things are going better,but it's not ok yet.

Comment

The kingston crash or fail memtest86+ too?

Comment

Till now,the only way to cause a bsod with the kingstone stick is to open and close a pdf file with my pdf viewer,otherwise the system is stable,but i tested this stick only for the last three days,maybe there are other ways... I forgot to tell you,i am using memtest86+ 4.0.
                  I have not detected a memtest86+ failure with the kingstone stick yet
                  Last edited by Sparperetor; 12-12-2009, 01:34 PM.

Comment

This is strange, same BSOD every time? What error code?

Comment

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
                      0x00000050

Comment

Comment

Kingston Technology Company - Kingston Memory Search - Search Results for: KVR800D2N5/1G
                          Strangely enough,i did not find the datasheet of the corsair sticks on the corsair site,nor a page with their specification on the internet,but there is written on them they need 2.1 volt and they are rated 5-5-5-15 at 1066 mhz...

Comment

The Bsod Sparperetor is because.....

Gigabyte ud3l , ud3r have the same issue in ram

i have ud3l the same p45 chip like the ud3r

my pc -
                            motherboard |Gigabyte : p45ud3l cpu : intel q9400
                            Pcpower - 500w
                            ati radeon 4770 512mb
                            crosair 2X1 1066 cl5
                            i have try to install 2X2gb patriot extreme and guess??
                            almost 4 ,5 minutes blue screen
                            i take this 4gb patriot to another computer (c2d 7500 ,gigabyte p35 ds4)
                            boom work great (great? wowww win 7 is on + vmware and win7 = 2 win 7 !!) ram is get 7.2 in score (win7 expirence rate)
                            so dude the problem is the mainboard i send mail to gigabyte
                            they say: blablabla change the bios to default,replace the ram ....)
                            well the problem is the mainboard p45 has ram moudle that is not flex
                            and maybee its 100 or 1000 mainboard with this problem bad series

Comment

Re: The Bsod Sparperetor is because.....

Originally posted by asiasi2 View Post
                              Gigabyte ud3l , ud3r have the same issue in ram

i have ud3l the same p45 chip like the ud3r

my pc -
                              motherboard |Gigabyte : p45ud3l cpu : intel q9400
                              Pcpower - 500w
                              ati radeon 4770 512mb
                              crosair 2X1 1066 cl5
                              i have try to install 2X2gb patriot extreme and guess??
                              almost 4 ,5 minutes blue screen
                              i take this 4gb patriot to another computer (c2d 7500 ,gigabyte p35 ds4)
                              boom work great (great? wowww win 7 is on + vmware and win7 = 2 win 7 !!) ram is get 7.2 in score (win7 expirence rate)
                              so dude the problem is the mainboard i send mail to gigabyte
                              they say: blablabla change the bios to default,replace the ram ....)
                              well the problem is the mainboard p45 has ram moudle that is not flex
                              and maybee its 100 or 1000 mainboard with this problem bad series
                              you have trouble with both corsair and patriot memory?
                              you could try with the same kingstone memory that i am using,the system is running quite fine with it.
                              Moreover i will send corsair sticks in rma. As soon as i get them back,i will try to see if there is incompatibility between ram and mobo and i will tell you...

Comment

Working...
                              X