Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stereo mix" option became gray in my pc - details inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stereo mix" option became gray in my pc - details inside!

Hello there guys!

recently i have noticed that the "stereo mix" option in my pc is became gray, although i can't record wave in my computer, I can't control the Stereo mix volume.

here is picture to demonstrate my problem:

(my windows XP is on hebrew so i encircle in red the "stereo mix" option)

my soundcard is "Realek HD Audio Model "ALC883"

And my motherBoard Is - GigaByte GA-G31M-ES2L

I already tried to download latest Updateds From Realtek site, but it won't helps :-/

Does Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Sorry for bad english :S
    Big Thank's In Advance !!!!

Re: "Stereo mix" option became gray in my pc - details inside!

This is normal, you can control the volume with the main volume control.
    Realtek mixer has it diabled too.
    There shouldn't be any problem recording wave or audio streaming.
    Maybe it was enabled in earlier driver versions, I am not sure.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      hmm.. so it means that i can't enable this option never?!?

I want to be sure.. cuz i heard that in win vista/win 7
      there is option to enable stereo mix by pressing "show disabled devices"
      maybe if i will upgrade my win XP to Win 7 that's will solve the problem?!

Comment

Originally posted by barakp111 View Post
        hmm.. so it means that i can't enable this option never?!?
        It is enabled, you just cannot control the volume of individual line in recording mixer, you can balance them in playback.

Originally posted by barakp111
        I want to be sure.. cuz i heard that in win vista/win 7
        there is option to enable stereo mix by pressing "show disabled devices"
        maybe if i will upgrade my win XP to Win 7 that's will solve the problem?!
        You will have one volume control for the stereo mix in Windows 7, and be able to select recording from one device only, won't make any differnce.

There is a "play through" in Windows 7 that eanable other devices to be played through others, like a USB mic recoreded with stereo mix, but it was not a great success when I have tried it.

Comment

It is enabled, you just cannot control the volume of individual line in recording mixer, you can balance them in playback.

You will have one volume control for the stereo mix in Windows 7, and be able to select recording from one device only, won't make any differnce.

There is a "play through" in Windows 7 that eanable other devices to be played through others, like a USB mic recoreded with stereo mix, but it was not a great success when I have tried it.
          And why Realtek Disabled the stereo mix option? , there is a reason for that?
          Anyway, what are you suggesting me to do?
          staying with the situation as it is , or upgrade my operating system to windows 7 ?
          i'm confused, LOL
          Thanks
          Last edited by barakp111; 12-10-2009, 03:18 AM.

Comment

And why Realtek Disabled the stereo mix option? , there is a reason for that?
            The stereo mix is not disabled, only it's volume control, as well as all others. All pins are controlled by the main recording volume.

Originally posted by barakp111
            Anyway, what are you suggesting me to do?
            staying with the situation as it is , or upgrade my operating system to windows 7 ?
            i'm confused, LOL
            Thanks
            Windows 7 is nice. You will be able to record from stereo mix just as you can now. The audio setup is completely different from XP and takes a little while to get used to if you haven't used Vista.

Comment

The stereo mix is not disabled, only it's volume control, as well as all others. All pins are controlled by the main recording volume.

Windows 7 is nice. You will be able to record from stereo mix just as you can now. The audio setup is completely different from XP and takes a little while to get used to if you haven't used Vista.
              oh i got it , so realtek just changed the order of the recording panel, good news for me, I thought it's disabled completely.

Anyway i think I will stay with win XP , although i experienced windows vista formerly, XP is more comfortable and easy to use for me.

Just one more thing, Someone told me that I can Buy a sound card , not have to be expensive , And connect it to my PC And then i will be able to use stereo mix option separately, i Mean i will get better Quality of Sound and Etc, do you think it's necessary to do that?

Thanks in Advance dude

Comment

Just one more thing, Someone told me that I can Buy a sound card , not have to be expensive , And connect it to my PC And then i will be able to use stereo mix option separately, i Mean i will get better Quality of Sound and Etc, do you think it's necessary to do that?
                You can record anything you hear through the speakers with stereo mix.
                Note that the main playback volume control also effects recording volume.
                For better quality try to mute all other inputs when recording from stereo mix.
                I have no idea about add-on sound cards, for me the on-board is more than enough.

Comment

how to get rid of this stupid blue thing(sound manager) and enable stereo mix on the windows UI?

Comment

windows 7 has its niggles aswell,when you use headphones you have to click on the speaker icon and make headphones as default device to hear sound,then if you unplug them and turn on your speakers you have to click on speaker icon again and make speakers as default device before any sound comes through,VERY ANNOYING,win7 sound is much better than xp but it doesnt auto detect your headphones/speakers as you plug them in/out like xp does +you have to run alot of programs as admin or in xp mode with win7........so bear it in mind before you decide to upgrade
                    Last edited by warren300; 02-18-2010, 08:55 PM.
                    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
                    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
                    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
                    Dual Boot
                    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
                    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
                    Ati x1950 pro gpu
                    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                    1050w psu
                    Nzxt lexa case
                    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Working...
                    X