help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

Having trouble flashing bios on my 790fxt-ud5p, i had it flashed to F7 from usb, now im trying to flash to F8C, cause F7 stinks is not as good as F8C i hear for overclocking. Now when i try to qflash, it cant find my usb flash drive ? it only shows floppy A, i must be doing something wrong. So i just need to fat 32 format my usb flash drive, when i download the file from gigabyte do i need to extract it ? i forgot all this stuff.
    Gigabyte P45 UD3P rev 1.0
    2X2gb Gskill 9600 DDR 2 1200 CL5
    Core 2 Duo E8400
    2 WD 160gb Raptor HD Raid 0
    ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Re: help

Fat32, enable usb mouse/keyboard/legacy storage. <--needed to make changes in bios flash screen (press enter,pgup, pgdwn) Bios file is 1024mb ending in F8C, F7 or so.. Extract with winzip/winrar/windows zip file. use the usb ports at the back of the motherboard when flashing just in case. Once you reboot after the flash get into the bios and first load optimized defaults.
    Last edited by R_Hollandtekk; 12-07-2009, 11:40 PM. Reason: Bios flashing page shows bandwith exceeded.

p45 ud3p 1.6 fb stable but fd fails or is it just my ocz incompatibility?!? This guy has problems uniquely similar to mine. I'm starting to think this ocz brand is just not that great. JR P45 driving me crazy!

MB Rev: ga-ep45-ud3p 1.6 Bios Ver: fd
    Cpu:E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB
    Ram:OCZ Reaper HPC 2x2GB DDR2 1066 Dual Channel Kit
    PSU:Antec EA500
    Chipset: Thermalright HR-05 SLI/IFX
    SB: TT Extreme Spirit II

Comment

You lost me man, i have usb legacy and all that enabled, when i go to F8 qflash, it only shows a FLOPPY A it dont show nothing else, even though i have my usb flash plugged in to the back of motherboard.

I have the files on the usb drive, but when i enter Qflash, i only see FLOPPY A, there is nothing else there, why cant i see my USB FLASH DRIVE ?
      Last edited by califmike2003; 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM.
      Core 2 Duo E8400
      ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Can you try another flashdrive? Your motherboard may have an issue seeing your current one. Since you said you already flashed before, maybe the motherboard needs a cmos clr. Are you sure the bios file is in the flashdrive?
        Last edited by R_Hollandtekk; 12-07-2009, 11:39 PM.

p45 ud3p 1.6 fb stable but fd fails or is it just my ocz incompatibility?!? This guy has problems uniquely similar to mine. I'm starting to think this ocz brand is just not that great. JR P45 driving me crazy!

Comment

Well i downloaded the file from gigabyte F8C, and extracted the files, i only need the file that says F8C correct ?, well when i go to computer, i can see usb flash drive as drive E:. I dont need usb flash as first boot or anything like that right ? . Maybe it is my drive is bad.
          Core 2 Duo E8400
          ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Nope, you won't need to set your usb as first boot device. 7-zip self extracting. Find M79XTUD5.F8c, it's ok if you can't see the file extension. autoexec.bat and FLASHSPI.EXE are extra no harm in putting them in your flashdrive. GA-MA790FXT-UD5P (rev. 1.0) right?

Comment

Sounds to me like you just need to try another USB stick, some just will not work with Qflash. Did you use this one before with Qflash, are you sure?

Comment

Working...
              X