X48-DS5 sound probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X48-DS5 sound probs

hi all, i recently lost sound in my left headphone speaker which had the jack plugs, so i invested in a logitech usb headset and i still have the same problem ? i have plugged in a set of speakers i had kicking around that use the green jack plug and they are both working ?? yet either the usb or jack plug type headsets only play in the right headphone, ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the correct audio drivers etc and still having trouble, im running windows 7 64bit, anyone have any ideas what the problem can be ?? its sending me crazy

Re: X48-DS5 sound probs

Have you checked your connections to your case? If not start there

Comment

hi Lsdmeasap, hope you are well ? dunno if you remember me but you helped me out with my first overclock ? which is still running very stable

sorry bud (me being thick )but when you say check connections, how do you mean exactly ?

Comment

Ya, I think I do remember helping you out before.

I meant to check your sound connection cable to the case front panel, be sure it is still fully connected and or not shorting out on the case or somewhere else

Did you try the Realtek drivers direct, just in case it is a driver issue >>
        Realtek

You may also have some setting incorrect in the GUI, did you check those?

Comment

shouldn't the usb set act as its own sound-card ?? cant work out how the usb port and the jack plug can have the same effect ? been to logitech website and they state no drivers needed.

Comment

I am not sure, never used a USB Sound device, you would need to ask the manufacturer in regards to that.

I can say when using that device you would need to uninstall the realtek drivers right as it would have it's own driver or program correct? If so you would also need to disable Azalia in the BIOS

Since they do have the same issue, sounds like you are using the same driver right? If so then you must have some setting wrong in the GUI for the driver

Comment

understood what your saying but it was happening on my first set of headphones which used the jack plug, i tried what you suggested anyway but still no luck, i think this is looking like a hardware problem but im still baffled how plugging speakers into the green jack works left and right but plugging the headphones into the same green jack socket and i only get sound in the right ????????? tricky one to say the least tried all settings in the GUI but no luck, i also have vista installed on the same machine but different drive and still get the same problem, it started all the sudden a couple of days ago after doing nothing different than the norm, firstly the left headphone started getting quieter than the right then it just gave up all together.

Comment

was just in the vista OS and what do ya know both headphones started working, pleased as punch i booted into windows 7 and startup sound came through both headphones, soon as fully loaded i played an audio file and all was fine for the first 5 or so seconds before it slowly started fading out the left headphone again and has gone back to square one, go figure !???

Comment

do you have usb1.0 and usb 2.0 enabled in the bios? also click on control panel/printers and hard ware/system/device manager then right click on sound,video and game controllers and click scan for hardware changes
                  Last edited by wazza300; 12-07-2009, 06:24 PM.
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hi wazza, thanks for reply, yeah the bios is all correct and devices report the usb headset correctly, remember though that this was a problem that started to happen with the jack plug type before the usb headset was even bought, its really odd now as when the os boots be-it W7 or vista it plays the start-up tune in both but then fades gradually to the right speaker but as said before if i plug a normal set of desktop speakers into the same green jack plug they will work fine, tis truly baffling !

Comment

on your motherboard try and trace the front panel green socket wires and make sure there fully plugged in,its either a block connector or alot of thin wires plugged in near bottom of motherboard
                      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

i only have the normal power switch, l.e.d , etc cables, i have no green/ sound cables on front panel its a custom gaming tower.

Comment

where are you plugging headphones in? i can plug mine in at the front of pc and i have gaming case,all those sockets plug into the motherboard either by usb or on a sound plug connector
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

+1 ^^

You should have a case speaker cable for the front of your case, and it would need to be wired correct AC97 or HD

Comment

nope, no front speaker cable, i plug my speakers in through the rear jacks. i have a little case speaker as in picky......

i just reformatted my pc, not just beacause of this problem but was due one anyway and its made no difference so clearly drivers or GUI config are out of the question, it still baffles me how desktop speakers are fine but headphones (usb or jack plug) are a problem.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Nick05; 12-08-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X