Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP43-UD3L New Build - Fans Spin but No Post

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    YES you MUST use a 4 Pin ATX 12V CPU power connection or a 8pin EPS 12V CPU plug, or the board will not start. You will need to arrange the wires so you can connect this or you will not be able to use the system

20 minutes should be fine to clear it, sometimes it only takes a few minutes or seconds though and other times it may take much longer.
    Well with that being said (about the P4 connector which that PS has) that MIGHT be the solution to the problem. I could not connect that P4 connector when I first put the Mobo in the case and hence the start of this thread. So I will have to figure out the wiring situation with his PS connector and report back. I am very glad, I asked about that connector or perhaps I would be trying to this new build to pieces. The PS in question is a Corsair TX750 and can I use a EPS 8 pin where there is only a P4-4 Pin connector and have the 4 of the 8 pin EPS connector unused on the P4 connector and not have shorting issues or what not. I have to say the knowledge I am gaining rules this is so interesting.

Mark
    Last edited by maestromark; 12-06-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

That 8 pin plug you mention should be able to split into 4x2 and one of those would only plug in the board one way. Please look at the plug and you should see how it splits into two parts. Be sure you are not looking at the PCIE Cables, they should split into 6 and 2 pins. Just saying that to be sure you are not confusing those 8 pins with the CPU one when trying to split into 4x2

It is this PSU Correct?
      Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

You are going to have to make this cable reach or buy an extension (Not suggested) as the board will not function without it connected.

Comment

That 8 pin plug you mention should be able to split into 4x2 and one of those would only plug in the board one way. Please look at the plug and you should see how it splits into two parts. Be sure you are not looking at the PCIE Cables, they should split into 6 and 2 pins. Just saying that to be sure you are not confusing those 8 pins with the CPU one when trying to split into 4x2

It is this PSU Correct?
        Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

You are going to have to make this cable reach or buy an extension (Not suggested) as the board will not function without it connected.
        Hi Again,

Yes that is the exact Power Supply . I have found 4 PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors and I have found 1 connector that is a 8 pin (12v EPS Connector you were talking about I think) that can be split into 2 separate 4 pin connectors I believe this is what I am looking for but confirmation would be helpful BEFORE, I put everything back together and see if I can get this setup going and move on. I have also tried successfully to split that 8 pin into 2 sets of 4 pin which it split by a press lock connector and I tried one of the 4 pin connectors into the P4 connector and it fit perfectly. I am 85-90% we got this pinned down and sorted.

I had no power attached to the PS or board when I tried. Just need confirmation I am on the right track and I will proceed with moving forward. As with each reply thank you.

Thanks
        Mark
        Last edited by maestromark; 12-07-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Yes the 8 pin EPS 12V is the one that should split into 4x2, and only one side of that should fit into a 4 pin slot on the board like you did already.

Sounds like you should be good to go now

Comment

Yes the 8 pin EPS 12V is the one that should split into 4x2, and only one side of that should fit into a 4 pin slot on the board like you did already.

Sounds like you should be good to go now
            We are indeed good to go it POSTed right up and finally adding the remaining components and do stability testing and tweaking and case closed.

Thank You to all who responded to this thread very much.
            Last edited by maestromark; 12-08-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Great to hear all went smoothly!

Post back anytime if you need more help with anything

Comment

One little side question about his E5200 CPU his VID is 1.275v where mine is 1.175 does that affect the board or anything. The board picked up the VID and I manually adjusted the VID as I always do. Mine 1.175 vs 1.275 for his - sounds like he got a crap chip or is it better then mine?

Comment

Nope, all the means is that is what the chip tested with and left the factory programmed to use.

It does not mean one is better than the other at all, sometimes yes this might be true but it is never something to gauge a CPU by really.

Comment

Working...
                  X