Memory Issues with EP43DS3L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Memory Issues with EP43DS3L

hmmm ok I wonder how would I get this right?
    my cpu is intel pentium E5200 775 lga 2.50 ghz I cloked to 3.31

Comment

Not sure what FSB amount you set for 3.31 but should likely be using 4.00C memory multi, not 4.00A. This could be the problem

Comment

I see ... well I set it up to 3.00a 800mhz no more error box.. but I have to jack up the voltage to 2.000.. Let me try that 4.00c thanks for sticking with me on this I really appreciate it this late at night

Comment

Ya, you need to set your Memory multiplier based on FSB, here is what FSB goes with each strap letter and multiplier >>

Sometimes no matter the FSB you may have to use one based on your CPU's default FSB. So you can try A multi's based on your 266 FSb, if you don't have any luck go ahead and try the C ones.

Comment

I tried the 4.00 c it didnt work my pc had to restart twice for it to boot then the red box appeared is that bad for the PC am I messing up any components when that happens?
            thanks for the chart...

Comment

No, that is not bad for your hardware. It only lets you know the settings failed so they were not applied.

Go ahead and try 4.00A then and Static tRead 6

Comment

ok thanks if this doesnt work Im gonna call it a night I am very thankful

Comment

Well good luck in testing!

See you tomorrow, hopefully with some good news

Comment

oh well cant wait to tell you the bad news It didnt work maybe Im doing something wrong with the other settings anyways so far only 3.00A 800mhz works with 5-5-5-15 and static read 6 and 2.000v, well there's always tomorrow thanks so much goodnite,, (hope youre still not tired of me by then hehehe)

Comment

Ya, it very well could be other settings, not sure since you didn't post them :0

Anyway, if you dont have any luck by tomorrow or tomorrow when trying post back your current settings that you do get to work and what you want to try and I will advise back.

Na, you are not making me tired of you! I am here to help!

Comment

Originally posted by bathala View Post
                        I tried the 4.00 c it didnt work my pc had to restart twice for it to boot then the red box appeared is that bad for the PC am I messing up any components when that happens?
                        thanks for the chart...
                        Note that this memory timings are 7-7-7-20 for DDR-1066, and will probably need tRD(Static tRead Value) set 6 or higher.
                        You can instead try to set CAS 4 for DDR-800, and see if you can use tRD 4.

Multi boots are sometimes short and silent. I always return to BIOS after making changes to make sure settings are OK.

Comment

Ahh, thanks! Ya I forgot about that, in that case with this memory at 800Mhz he may even have to use 555-18 or looser and tRD 7-9

Comment

yes thanks I got it to work at 7-7-7-20 1066mhz here are the pics of my setup please recommend any settings that will improve my settings thanks so much you two

Channel B is set the same and again...THANKS SO MUCH OH GREAT ONES!!!
                            Last edited by bathala; 11-29-2009, 12:42 PM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Try tRD 6, probably can't use any lower with CAS 7.

I suggest memory benchmarks to compare 1066 with 800, with 7-7-7-20 timings and tRD 7 the DDR-800 may perform even better.
                              If you can use DDR-800 with tRD 4 I am almost certain it will over perform the 1066 settings.

If you can use 333FSB with CPU Ratio 10 memory performance will improve even more. Not sure the processor can do it though, I have seen at least one that could not handle over 320. This is E5200 right?

Comment

yes it is an E5200 and I use a cooling fan (zalman)
                                any idea on which benchmark program should i use?
                                thanks
                                hmm is it trd or trrd? sorry just wanna make sure

Comment

Working...
                                X