Compatible cpu cooler???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatible cpu cooler???

Motherboard is GA-EP45-UD3LR and i need new cpu cooler.my "old" cpu cooler is basic intel cooler-old and very noisily
    so i was lookin for new cpu cooler from Zalman-model CNPS7500 LED,for socket 775.I chose it because there is very good install system-no stupid pin system!
    but there is problem:space.Install manual says:"No motherboard components such as the PSU, disk drives, VGA card, and RAM with a
    height greater than 39mm should be present within a 61.5mm radius from the center of the CPU."
    But nearest heat sink is,more or less,50 mm distance from center of the cpu.
    (Look attachment motherboard.jpg).So how resolve this problem?
    Is it there any suggestions for new cpu cooler?With no stupid pins??
    Or i am too old fart for this computer stuff???
    Attached Files

Re: Compatible cpu cooler???

My old CNPS8700LED was in contact with the NB HS, they are a bit different but compare size specs to be sure.
    I had no problem with the Mugen 2, but it's a bit pain to install (bacplate, screws from below), not too expensive.
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus seems to be installation friendlt, not the best cooler, but cheap.
    What are your needs regarding OC etc.

Comment

I had that board before upgrading to a ud4p, and between the 2 of them I've used 4 different aftermarket coolorers. The easiest to install was the extreme by enzotech.

Comment

thank you for the tips.. i checked again than Zalman instructions and that heat sinks height is "only" 30mm.So maybe i can install that Zalman cooler anyway.

Comment

If you want to stick with Zalman but choose another the 9700 will fit that board just fine.

Comment

Working...
          X