Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EP45-DS3 with AHCI setting doesn't boot anymore, help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS3 with AHCI setting doesn't boot anymore, help !

Hi all,

I'm using an EP45-DS3 mobo since a few month with a 750Gb Western Digital Black edition in AHCI mode with bioses F9 and F10a without any problem.

Yesterday my computer still run fine as usual in AHCI mode with intel matrix storage drivers, but this morning I was unable to boot it correctly...

At boot screen AHCI is detecting drive as usual but countdown is now 23 and not 10 and it hangs like that indefinitly...

The AHCI message is something like that "controller bus #00 driver #1F function 02 06 port 02 drives", and nothing more...

I need to swith my bios setup in IDE mode to start my computer again. I also tried to disconnect my DVD-ROM drives, to change SATA cable, etc... But the only solution is to switch back to IDE mode.

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks.

Franck.

PS: Sorry for my poor english but I'm french.
    Last edited by ZeeDD; 11-22-2009, 06:29 AM.

Re: EP45-DS3 with AHCI setting doesn't boot anymore, help !

Sounds like something has corrupted your BIOS or drivers. I would clear the CMOS and load optimized then save and reboot back to the BIOS. Then make your BIOS changes, if that does not work I would try reinstalling the Intel drivers.

Have you tested your disk with WD diagnostics tools, it may be going bad?

Comment

I'm having almost the exact same issue. I am running a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R with Win 7 Pro and all drives in AHCI mode. I was running with no problems for a month when I added a third drive, also a 750GB WD Caviar Black. Everything operated properly for an additional week, after which it began to hang up when booting. It hangs after detecting the other drives and also reads 23. Because AHCI is hot-pluggable, I can unplug the problem drive, boot the machine, and plug it back in. Once in Windows everything works perfectly and the drive passes every diagnostic I throw at it. I tried loading defaults in the bios, reflashing the same version, and finally upgrading to the latest beta which includes the new 1.20E AHCI BIOS, all with no change.

Comment

Originally posted by swh400 View Post
        I'm having almost the exact same issue. I am running a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R with Win 7 Pro and all drives in AHCI mode. I was running with no problems for a month when I added a third drive, also a 750GB WD Caviar Black. Everything operated properly for an additional week, after which it began to hang up when booting. It hangs after detecting the other drives and also reads 23. Because AHCI is hot-pluggable, I can unplug the problem drive, boot the machine, and plug it back in. Once in Windows everything works perfectly and the drive passes every diagnostic I throw at it. I tried loading defaults in the bios, reflashing the same version, and finally upgrading to the latest beta which includes the new 1.20E AHCI BIOS, all with no change.
        Did you try to install an other OS (like linux or something else) on your new drive ? Because it seems that if a corrupted boot manager or a modified MBR is installed, it hangs the computer on AHCI detection with 23 displayed.

Franck.

Comment

+1 ^^

Where do you have all your drives and CD/DVD Drives connected? What color Port and #?

Comment

I had same problem. This worked for me. Don't ask me why.

Jeltz

Comment

I had this problem with my two WD drives, i messed around with Windows 7 Backup, did some mistakes and no HDD being recognized.

Disable AHCI, download WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic, burn it into a CD-R, boot from CD and run Quick Test. When it finishes, reboot, switch back to AHCI and see if worked.

Comment

I am having the same problem. I was running Windows 7 home and just upgraded to windows 7 ultimate. I was running AHCI mode on all drives with no problems.

After installing Windows 7 ultimate I have to set the BIOS to use them as IDE, if I switch them to
                AHCI mode the computer just hangs at the bios startup while detecting the drives.

Any help is appreciated.

I have cleared the bios many times and it lets me get back to windows but I would rather use the
                AHCI mode. I know it works, it worked a couple of hours ago!

Comment

Replied to your post here Blindguy

Comment

Working...
                  X