GA-EP43-UD3L will not Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP43-UD3L will not Shutdown

I was getting the same results when I did a clean install of Vista 64 before I applied my Win7 64 upgrade / clean install, so it seems to be happening on two different OSs. I will post back if I ever hear from Gigabyte.

Comment

Ya please do let us know what they have to say.

Comment

I actually had this exact problem. It has to do with the RAM running in dual channel mode (at least for me it did). If I ran in single or mixed channel it was fine because the bandwidth did not exceed a limit that the board can handle. If you want dual channel mode, you need to adjust the multiplier in the BIOS. 2.00D worked nicely for me, but your config could be different.

This was frustrating. It wasn't until I ran my PC with one of the RAM sticks out that it shutdown correctly and after some further testing I figured it was when running in dual channel (2 or 4 sticks) that I had the shutdown problem. Once you adjust the multiplier you can have dual channel and shutdown correctly. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hmm, thanks for joining to post your findings!

Not a very optimal fix though, hopefully this can be addressed with a BIOS update.

Comment

I actually had the samething happended to me when I had my GA-P35-DS3L board. Vista 64 wouldn't shut down 7/10 times. It didnt' bother me as I don't shutdown my system often. I put it in sleep mode most of time for quicker start up. I just thought may be some wired on the board I didn't connect right.

Comment

Oh Wow. Glad I am not the only person with this issue. It has been wrecking my brain for over a month. I have tried two different power supplies, re-seating the board, messing with the power button cable, reformat, different versions of Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit), etc....

Now that I've seen this forum, I decided to open a support ticket with Gigabyte. Has anyone found a resolution beside turning off dual channel memory?

Comment

Originally posted by THizzle7XU View Post
                If you want dual channel mode, you need to adjust the multiplier in the BIOS. 2.00D worked nicely for me, but your config could be different.
                I changed mine to 2.00D and it actually shutdown. I tried 2.40B and it works as well. I am going to stick with 2.40B since the memory will run at 800 mhz. Although I want my 1066 that the memory is supposed to handle :(

Comment

Working...
                X