EP45-UD3R Ram problem, wont post over ddr2 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3R Ram problem, wont post over ddr2 800

Hi, my mobo absolutley will not post on ANY setting if the RAM is set to above ddr 800 and is unstable @ 800 exactly. I have 2 x 1gb of OCZ platinum and 2 x 1gb of Corsair cmx2x1024-6400C4, both sets rated to run @ ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1volts.

I have tried EVERYTHING, and i mean every possible setting you can think of, hours and hours of fine tuning with the same result. i have even set the multiplier on my e7500 to 6 and ran every possible RAM multiplier and strapping. I have even loosened the timings to CAS 7, static read up to 15, loosened advanced timings, driving profiles, and everything in between but still cannot get it to post even at 850mhz.
    Adjusted MCH core, tried ram voltage even @ 2.2volts but still cannot boot. Tried each individual stick of ram in each individual dim. Ran memtest with no errors.

I have read that gigabyte boards are fussy with corsair and OCZ, so do i RMA or can someone reccomend a brand of RAM that will reach ddr2 1000 pref at low CAS?

Thanks.

Re: EP45-UD3R Ram problem, wont post over ddr2 800

Mine is not fussy about the XMS2 at all, rock steady at 800 and can run them at 1066 too.
    What BIOS version do you have?

Comment

Latest BIOS f11

Comment

May be the board.
        Give a long CMOS clear as described in the second part of http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...76/#post258596 a try.

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply, ill give it a try

Comment

Tried long CMOS clear, still no good. I even bought a stick of 1066 ram thats on the compatibility list also, and just as i thought it wont boot at its rated speed in any slot, even at stock FSB (266) running a multiplier.

Thats THREE different types of RAM that wont post close to or over 800mhz TWO of which are on the Gigabyte memory compatibility list (Corsair and Elixir)

In the last 5 years i have bought 2 high end mobos and 2 high end GPUs (x1900xt and 4890) over $1000 worth just on those 4 items.

My last gigabyte board (ds3) lasted 3 years and died just outside warranty but never ran 100% stable, would occasionally do the infamous boot loop.

When i was shopping for a new board i read the reviews of people saying how many problems theyve had with the ep45-ud3r, and how terrible their QA is, but i thought my chances of getting a good board were pretty good, plus i was familiar with gigabytes BIOS settings so i took a chance.

What a piece of junk. Now i either have to send it for RMA pay about $30 for shipping and be without a computer for a minimum of 2 weeks or run my FSB and memory alot slower than what i paid for it to do.

My next board definatley wont be Gigabyte, think ill go back to A$US, never had a prob with them. Get your act together gigabyte your QA IS ****ing shocking.

Comment

Working...
            X