Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3P - I can hear my GHZ???

LoL,

So my specs are in sig. Is it normal to be able to hear electrical current in your board/RAM?.. I can hear what seems to be my memory, northbrige or southbridge when my system is in use.. It's like I here different electrical currents.. sometimes it can be a bit annoying, and I can't really tell what's triggering it. It's pretty much constant but drowned out by my fans.

The memory/system passes memtest all day, and prime95 all day.

I've had a lot of motherboard/ram/cpu combos, but have never been able to hear electrical current and different frequencies on a system.

I also had this out of my case on a box while running all initial testing and overclocking and that's where I noticed it. I want to say I can hear the ram, but Im pretty sure I can hear the southbridge also.. Is this normal for this board?

I hear it both on a Corsair HX1000watt PSU and an Antec TPII 550watt PSU.

Any suggestions what I should do?

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P - I can hear my GHZ???

It is likely your GFX Card or PSU, but yes some boards have this feedback noise as well.

I would suggest you test with a few more PSU's and or GFX Cards until you are sure it is the board, then you can decide if it is worth your time/$$ to RMA or not.

Funky drivers can also cause this, do you hear it in safe mode as well? How about Clean install with no drivers?

Comment

Well I have heard it with both a GTX275, and a 9500GT, and both PSU's. I will run PC Check Diag from boot and see if I can hear it from there, I will try safe mode as well, and report back. Gigabyte has already approved an RMA, just not sure if I need to worry about it yet.

Comment

Well a new board could fix it, or it could be the same. It could also be your speakers or what they pass through, have you tested others?

Also be sure to test out a clean install or dual boot to a clean install before shipping your board off, might just be some program or driver and I would for sure check this before shipping something out

Comment

I have also had the same thing with my 285 GTX. It only does it when i have very high FPS. So things like loading screens on 3d Mark 06 and games makes the card Hiss at me but when playing games it is silent.

Very common on allot of the GT200 range apparently.
          Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz+HT 1.36V / Gigabyte EX58-UD4P / G-Skill 3x2 gig DDR 2133 PERFECT STORM / MSI 5870 1GIG / Corsair HX1000 Watt/ CM Stacker 830 /
          Cooled By: Swiftech Apogee GTZ /Swiftech MCR-320 /1/2" ID Feser Flexible PVC Tubing /Swiftech MICRO Rev2 Reservoir /Swiftech MCP655 variable/Thermalright HR-05-ifx

Comment

Originally posted by SuM-One View Post
            LoL,

So my specs are in sig. Is it normal to be able to hear electrical current in your board/RAM?.. I can hear what seems to be my memory, northbrige or southbridge when my system is in use.. It's like I here different electrical currents.. sometimes it can be a bit annoying, and I can't really tell what's triggering it. It's pretty much constant but drowned out by my fans.

The memory/system passes memtest all day, and prime95 all day.

I've had a lot of motherboard/ram/cpu combos, but have never been able to hear electrical current and different frequencies on a system.

I also had this out of my case on a box while running all initial testing and overclocking and that's where I noticed it. I want to say I can hear the ram, but Im pretty sure I can hear the southbridge also.. Is this normal for this board?

I hear it both on a Corsair HX1000watt PSU and an Antec TPII 550watt PSU.

Any suggestions what I should do?
            Hi all

I had a similar problem with my EX58 - UD5 board and thought it was graphic card and then psu infact i was pretty positive it was gfx (gtx 260) and would have to live with it but it turn out to be cpu vcore in bios was set to auto and it was like the cpu (i7) was not getting enough juice so i upped the cpu vcore slighly and the sound went away even now if i flash bios or load defaults and vcore go's back to auto it makes the noise again till i up the juice, Might be worth a go it worked for me. My first post so it i'm talking rubbish then i'm sorry (LOL).
            Last edited by cheesywizard; 10-29-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

update to latest lan drivers it makes the noise more quiet,also disable c1e enhanced halt state in the bios under advanced cpu features, it should get rid of the noise
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i did notice this too. sounds like number five is alive :S
                GA-EX58-UD5 rev 1.0 firmware F9e
                i920 S1366 D0
                Sapphire HD4770
                Corsair 6GB 1600 mhz DDR3 CL8
                WD Caviar 1TB S300 SATA
                *Zalman HP600 - doesn't work with GA-EX58-UD5* - now using Corsair XT650

Comment

Working...
                X