Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45T-UD3R (F6) ref: ACHI & Windows 7

Greetings all

I'm making a first post as a W7x64 install is driving me nuts.

During W7 setup, at the F6 prompt, I've loaded the drivers for the Southbridge to enable SATA hotswapping and NCQ'ability.

When I set the BIOS to ACHI mode the W7 installation fails to complete, during the first reboot within setup W7 will report a hardware fault and refuses to reboot.

When I set the BIOS to IDE mode the installation goes fine, but there's no sign of hotswap or NCQ onboard.

All my SATA drives are in SATA-II mode (Barracudas, 1x 80Gb boot, 2x 1Tb archivage, 1x 500Gb misc') so this isn't the cause, and they're all connected to the orange/yellow SATA ports - there is nothing attached to the purple Gigabyte chipped twin headers.

I've already swapped out all the SATA cables and chkdsk'd the drives, and verified the integrity of the W7 DVD.

My board had the original BIOS when I checked, so I upgraded to version F6.

Alas nothing has changed.

Other components are a Palit HD4850 Sonic graphics card, 8Gb OCZ 1,333Mhz RAM, plus a modest Intel Q9300 2.5Ghz CPU.

If anyone has experience of loading the Southbridge ICH10 drivers under W7 and can spare me an explanation I'd be very grateful...
    Last edited by Muth; 10-25-2009, 04:59 PM.
Working...
X