ga-ep45-ud3p which mem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ga-ep45-ud3p which mem

one of the unlucky ones with the lovely board and OCZ ram (OCZ FLEZ 1150mhz) and just wont work other than one stick in else

reboot loops :)

was thinking about this ram F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK G.Skill PK 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Dual Channel Kit 1066MHz RAM Speed, CAS 5-5-5-15 Timings, 2.0-2.1v VDIMM, Lifetime Warranty with G.Skill. : novatech.co.uk

unless it wont work either or some one knows some better stuff

thanks ian

Re: ga-ep45-ud3p which mem

hey m8y you still having no joy too :(

not sure if you interested but aria do those pk and some td ones for about a tenner cheaper

DDR2-1066 (PC8500) - Aria Technology

Comment

Try get it to work before you going to spend more money.
      What have you trird so far?
      Please fill your forum signature with your system specs and a link to your memory specs.
      If you have not started with loading BIOS optimized defaults, please do, save reboot and make all changes you have done so far.
      A screen capture of MemSet main(click >>) and spd(click spd) windows would be helpful.
      MemSet can bedownloaded from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...30/#post284762

Comment

Support Question OCZ FLEX 1150 and GA-EP45-UD3P - OCZ Forum

heres the thread with most the stuff i have tried from OCZ but no luck

my system specs are on there

Comment

Originally posted by mrbudgie View Post
          Support Question OCZ FLEX 1150 and GA-EP45-UD3P - OCZ Forum

heres the thread with most the stuff i have tried from OCZ but no luck

my system specs are on there
          1.34v MCH Core blahhhhhhhh.

You are nt realy expect us to go there every time to refresh our memory do you?
          A lot of the forum members participate in multiple threads and it's imposibble to keep track without that info.
          Make it easy for us to try and assist you, othewise we might just give up too

Did you try to set your memory stable as DDR-800?
          What speeds if any you managed to set stable already?

Comment

<DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_8>GA-EP45-UD3P<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "8"); //--> </SCRIPT> F10f Bios<DT class=shade>q9550 45nm E0<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "10"); //--> </SCRIPT> @ 3.82Ghz<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "11"); //--> </SCRIPT> <DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_12>Custom Water Cooling Loop<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "12"); //--> </SCRIPT> - CPU Idle Temp 31<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "13"); //--> </SCRIPT> / CPU Load Temp 41<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "14"); //--> </SCRIPT> <DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_15>OCZ FLEX 2x2GB 1150Mhz - OCZ2FXT11502G<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "15"); //--> </SCRIPT> @ 1040Mhz<DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_16>HIS HD3870XT<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "17"); //--> </SCRIPT> <DT class=shade>Razer Barracuda ac-1<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "19"); //--> </SCRIPT> </DT>Thermaltake Pure power station 520w<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "20"); //--> </SCRIPT>
            <DT class=shade id=profilefield_title_21>VelociRaptor 160GB plus 2 random sataII disks</DT>Win7<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor" , "27"); //--> </SCRIPT>

heres my details.

tried everything that OCZ support suggested like MCH/ICH voltages manually set RAM timinings and stuff

But the board will run the RAM in any slot just 1 stick(either stick) at any speed I say but the moment I stick another stick in reboot loops start. So i am outta ideas other than it is a compatibilty issue

thanks ian

Comment

I see you are OCed, is that with any other bus speed too?
              Could be compatibility issue, for that there's a need to test another kit, or it coulr be a problem with the board, or just settings.
              Have you tried dual-channel mode in the two different slots pair?

Comment

cheers for reply but tried all slots in duel mode and plenty of diff bus settings

so only thing i can think of is buying another set to try really

Comment

No one you can loan a pair to test? Would be a wate to spend more money just to find out the board is defective.

Comment

Have you run Memtest+ on each stick individually? How about together? If you haven't run it, you really need to before deciding it is a compatibility issue. You might just have bad sticks that manifest their badness by refusing to play nice with each other.

Some folks report problems with the G-Skill RAM as well. I thought I had trouble running two sticks on my board until I switched from Slots 1 and 3 to Slots 2 and 4. That cured my problem.
                    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6, FB Bios
                    RAM - G.SKILL(2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (F2-8500CL5D)
                    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz (currently at 450 x 9 w/ ~31C Idle and 60C @ Full Load) - Zalman 9700 cooler
                    GPU - GIGABYTE GV-R485OC-1GH Radeon HD (no OC) Zalman VF2000 cooler (27C idle)
                    HDs - OCZ 60G SSD boot drive - WD Caviar Black - WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 - 1 TB; Maxtor 6L200S0 (200G) (Both SATA)
                    DVD-ROMs - Plextor PX-880SA - (SATA Burners)(2)
                    Sound - Omega HT Claro via Monsoon Speakers
                    PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W
                    CASE - Antec 300 (Scythe Fans)
                    Windows 7 64bit - Home Premium

Comment

stick s aint new they are from my maximus formula but i changed to this board for the higher FSB speeds and they worked flawlessly together in the other board with out issue at any speed i needed

Comment

With one stick installed, load optimized defaults, save reboot, enter BIOS and make the following changes for DDR-800:
                        Code:
                        DRAM Performance Control
                        Performance Enhance...................: [Standard]
                        Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: [Disabled]
                        System Memory Multiplier ..............:[2.40B]

MCH/ICH
                        MCH Core�����.....1.100V...........: 1.10v
                        Save & reboot, turn the computer off, turn the PSU off, press the power button for 5 seconds and install the other memory stick and try to boot.

In case of multiple boots, shut the computer down, turn the PSU off and wait 20 seconds, turn the PSU on and power on, the computer should reboot after few attempts. You may need to repeat this process more than once.
                        Re-enter BIOS and try to decrease MCH Core, one step at a time, save and reboot again.
                        If decreasing it does not help, try increasing it above 1.1v one step each time, up to 1.24v.

Comment

still no luck guys getting ram in duel channel working. had some sticks of patriot ram in it today (1150mhz 4 x 1gb) could get 2 installed to boot but not in duel channel .

has any one got this board rev 1.1 with Bios f10f (latest) ifso what ram you got in yours

thanks ian

Comment

Im running the Gskill pc8500 1066, and using 4 of the 2gb sticks = 8gb. it wanted to run 5-7-7-20 2.1 on auto but i changed it to 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v and it runs totally stable at either setting memory has never been an issue with this board+mem combo for me from f6 all the way through f10e no issues ever. I even bought these, 2- 4gb kits from the egg 2 months apart. hope this helps.

I would RMA that board but thats just my opinion.
                            Last edited by Darcon; 10-31-2009, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X