GA-P55-UD4P won't post on new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P55-UD4P won't post on new build

Hey guys I am hoping someone can help me. All my parts came in yesterday and I tried to assemble my build without success.

I am using
    i7 860
    GA-P55-UD4P
    Antec Truepower 750w
    EVGA 8800gt
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    HAF 932
    640GB WD Black

I assembled everything and immediately get what I believe are the short continuous beeps. The beeps are very fast and close together and go for several seconds before stopping and restarting. The LED also goes full red and stays there.

I have tried this with only the board, CPU, and PSU connected and also tried a Corsair HX620 from my old computer in case the new Antec was bad. I have also tried this outside of the case and I get the same results.

I have also tried reseating the CPU and clearing the bios with the same results. Right now I left the battery out while I am at work just to make sure so I can try more troubleshooting this weekend.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: GA-P55-UD4P won't post on new build

Please try with only one stick of ram, have you already?

Do you have your memory in the correct slots? The white ones?

I would suggest you clear the CMOS, but sounds like you are already on it. That may get it done since you left the battery out, 20 minutes should do it.

Do you have any other DDR3 you could test with or borrow to test with just in case it is a compatibility issue they have not addressed in the BIOS yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Please try with only one stick of ram, have you already?

Do you have your memory in the correct slots? The white ones?
      This is the one thing I didn't think to do since it was getting so late last night. I think I so focused on the short beeps being powersupply related that I never tried just one stick of ram in various slots. I will definitely try this when I get home since in other threads people mention the same beeps when they had incorrect ram timings.

Also now I can't remember if I put the pair in the correct slots or not.

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      I would suggest you clear the CMOS, but sounds like you are already on it. That may get it done since you left the battery out, 20 minutes should do it.

Do you have any other DDR3 you could test with or borrow to test with just in case it is a compatibility issue they have not addressed in the BIOS yet?
      Yeah I figured leaving out the battery while I was at work was overkill but I figured it might help.

I don't have any other DDR3 around but the memory I bought was one of the pair on the tested memory pairs from the PDF on the Gigabyte site.

Comment

Short multiple beeps are normally Memory, I know the manual says Power but I find it to be memory.

Cool, sounds like your may just need to clear the CMOS fully since your ram is on the QVL, that or you had them in the wrong slots. That is an easy thing to mix up because on older boards the proper slots where physical 1+3 and now that is not the case.

Let us know how you get along when you get home. If the ram is already in the white slots, please try only one stick in slot #2 (First white slot)

Comment

Thanks. Either clearing the CMOS all day helped or I did put the memory in wrong last night.

I am up and running.

Comment

Well I am now thinking I was just lucky. I have started having BSODs and random crashes. I ran memtest86+ 2.11 which failed with 314 errors with both sticks on test 5 and then halted with unexpected interruption around test 8. I have tested both sticks individually with no errors.

What else can I do to see if it is the ram slots versus the ram?

Comment

Working...
            X