GA-P55-UD3R Front USB Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P55-UD3R Front USB Issues

likewise i have the ga-p55-ud3r gigabyte motherboard and the rear usb all work but the front do not (for usb flash drives and external drives) and yet a mouse on all 4 front usb sockets work fine.
    mouse uses 5v dc so it cant be incorrect wiring or interface.

I suspect that the front f_usb1 and f_usb2 sockets on the motherboard wont work at usb2.0 and yet do at usb 1.0 connection modes. Thats the only explanation i can see so far. I have reported to Gigabyte by their fault reporting system and so we will wait and see.

thanks/
    Last edited by minsik; 01-16-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minsik View Post
      likewise i have the ga-p55-ud3r gigabyte motherboard and the rear usb all work but the front do not (for usb flash drives and external drives) and yet a mouse on all 4 front usb sockets work fine.
      mouse uses 5v dc so cant be incorrect wiring or interface. I suspect that the front f_usb1 and f_usb2 sockets ont he motherboard wont work at usb2.0 and yet do at usb 1.0 conndection modes. thats the only explanation i can see so far. I have reported to Gigabyte by their fault reporting system and so we will wait and see.

thanks/
      amazing lack of quality control

Comment

RE GA-p55-ud3r MB bios F4 and front usb problem which works on mouse and 1.0 but not 2.0 usb devices like flash drives and external hdd usb.

Reply from Gigabyte to check my connectors and see how it goes I explained that above proves that cables and connectors are ok!
        Now bios F5B has been released i try that. Yes it miraculously fixed USB problem. I am happy to resolve problem.

But why cant Gigabyte support be a man? Ok we have USB problem. Wait for fix coming soon. Thats all is needed. Honesty i customer dealings.

So far all devices work on external usb sockets a1 since bios update.

Mr Gigabyte quality control needs boot in backside for problem as you say and not admitting to a problem.

However i understand say nothing to anyone policy of large companies as they are so scared i will sue them! Woe is me.

Anyway usb problems try bios F5B release today.

Comment

Working...
        X