Clear All

• GA-P55-UD4P System Locking Up

I have a new system I put together consisting of:
    GA-P55-UD4P
    Core i5 750
    Crucial 4GB DDR3 1333
    6800XT Video Card (old, I know)
    500W power supply

Clean Win7 install and it locks up randomly every few hours. Is there anything incompatible in the above list or is it likely bad hardware? I am using BIOS stable defaults. Nothing else hooked up.

Any ideas would be helpful. Unfortunately this is my first post Core 2 build so I don't have a lot of parts (memory, proc, etc.) to swap in and out.

Re: GA-P55-UD4P System Locking Up

Originally posted by Thornkin View Post
    I have a new system I put together consisting of:
    GA-P55-UD4P
    Core i5 750
    Crucial 4GB DDR3 1333
    6800XT Video Card (old, I know)
    500W power supply

Clean Win7 install and it locks up randomly every few hours. Is there anything incompatible in the above list or is it likely bad hardware? I am using BIOS stable defaults. Nothing else hooked up.

Any ideas would be helpful. Unfortunately this is my first post Core 2 build so I don't have a lot of parts (memory, proc, etc.) to swap in and out.
    set in the bios your rams rated voltage,it might stop it crashing and auto overvolts it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Wazza300. That didn't turn out to be the solution, but it did put me on the right track. I tried changing the voltage but that didn't help. Going up made it slightly more stable, going down caused the lockups to happen more frequently. I then tried underclocking the RAM and it works stably now. Time to return the memory I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornkin View Post
        Thanks Wazza300. That didn't turn out to be the solution, but it did put me on the right track. I tried changing the voltage but that didn't help. Going up made it slightly more stable, going down caused the lockups to happen more frequently. I then tried underclocking the RAM and it works stably now. Time to return the memory I guess.
        what speed and timings are you using now?? also what qpi volts and cpu volts? and are you at stock cpu speed??
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Everything was at the defaults. The only thing I've changed is the memory multiplier.

timings are at 9 9 9 24
          CPU is stock speed
          memory is currently at 8x so 1066 (stock was 1333)
          qpi volts is 1.1
          cpu volts is 1.28125

Comment

I am interested to hear if you get this fixed. I have similar issues with a similar board, GA-P55-UD6, but different memory. I am wondering if it is Nvidia, or some other driver combination. I have read about a lot of similar lock-ups, but so far nothing I've found has been helpful. The out-of-box Win7 drivers seem to work, but if I use latest drivers that is when I start seeing random hangs / freezes / lock-ups. I am only able to do a manual power-off and it's killing me...

Comment

Defaults or Auto is not going to always work, I never suggest using it actually. And were you talking optimized defaults or fail safe?

No need to return your memory, you just need to set your own stable Ram and QPI/Vtt voltages. You can expect to leave them and things work when increasing speeds. They must be set manually.

So I hope you have not RMA'd yet as it is likely not needed at all.

KenChicago, are you talking about Nvidia Driver issues? If so I feel for you, that's why I moved to ATI myself a few years ago.

Manual power off, why do you have to do that? Do you have the latest Intel Chipset Drivers installed?

Comment

For what it's worth, I have the same RAM and board as the op and going to 1066 solved the issue for me as well. I may play with the voltages later to try, but there are 3-4 comments on the newegg page for the memory in which people say similar stuff to the op.

Comment

Working...
                X