HELP! GA-MA78GM-UD2H Reboot instead of awakes after S3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! GA-MA78GM-UD2H Reboot instead of awakes after S3

Can any one help please as I'm tearing my hair out here! I've just bought one of these boards with a PHenom X3 8650 Processor and 4Gb of 800MHz Corsair Ram. I have downloaded the latest F7 BIOS update from the Gigabyte site.

I have now tried Windows XP Pro, Vista Home andWindows & Build 7100 with no other apps installed so it's a nice clean build to avoid any problems.

I intend to use the PC as my new Media Centre but I cannot get it to go into S3 sleep state and then resume. It will apparently respond to the sleep command when slected and it responds to a mouse click or a key press on the keyboard to bring it awake, but instead of resuming the state it was in when I put it into S3 the whole PC reboots.

Every time it resumes, Windows say it was not shut down properly and asks if I want to boot into safe mode etc. I can only assume that although it responds to the sleep command it's not actuallygoing into S3g it's just shutting the power down instead

I have tried increasing the voltage slightl;y on the RAM and this make no difference. The PC will however will behave properly for S1 and Hibernation with no probleme and resumes from these state in a correct manner

Any help or comment would be appreciated

Re: HELP! GA-MA78GM-UD2H Reboot instead of awakes after S3

This problem... is basically unsolvable by the end user. Lots of things you can try: certain vista settings, but basically don't expect to ever get S3 working with an oced gigabyte board. Sigh :( my next board will be an asus for sure.
    Last edited by Sunburn74; 10-05-2009, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Re: HELP! GA-MA78GM-UD2H Reboot instead of awakes after S3

Where did you get you info from how can you be so sure that S3 will not work. Ive had no problems whatsoever with all my previous Gigabyte motherboards

Comment

Working...
      X