X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluescreen entering sleep mode

my cpu:e8500 3.8ghz
    motherboard: ep35c-ds3r

when my system attemps to enter sleep mode(s3),sometimes i got a bsod saying
    "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"
    I looked windows minidump file,it says bluescreen probably caused by "ntoskernel.exe")

i've got latest bios.

when system is overclocked,i am experiencing lots of problem with sleep mode when entering or exiting from it.

i'm really done with this crappy motherboard and i'm totally sure that i won't get near gigabyte anymore.

Re: Bluescreen entering sleep mode

Sleep issues when overclocking are very common and you will encounter them with most motherboards. Try upping the voltages a bit or backing down on the OC a little, this may fix the sleep issues.

I'm pretty sure that most of the problems you had with the board were the result of you not doing something correctly/using imperfect settings, and you would likely have encoutnered just as many issues with any other motherboard. Please don't bash unless you absolutely know what you're talking about.

Comment

Re: Bluescreen entering sleep mode

Nickel you nailed it. And Ray, you say

"when system is overclocked,i am experiencing lots of problem with sleep mode when entering or exiting from it."

So set everything back to optimized defaults and the problem is gone .Is that correct? Then work your OC back up, entering sleep each time and find if a specific setting/clock/whatever it may be that does not crash. My system used to have a huge problem right off the bat and i really thought it was mobo. I just didnt know what i was doing.

By you troubleshooting the problem and solving it, you may be able to stop someone with the same problem from pulling there hair out .

"driver power state failure" hmmm im guessing its a driver issue.
      i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
      Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
      6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
      Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
      Corsair tx750 PSU
      EVGA GTX260 SC
      Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
      WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
      ASUS Xonar DX
      Klipsch Promedia 2.1
      CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
      Windows 7 64bit