Hpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hpet?

What is the HPET option in the bios of my EX58-UD4P?

It's currently set to 32-bit. However, I have Vista x64 installed.
    Should I change it to 64-bit... or will that screw up my OS install and require it to be freshly installed again (kinda like the AHCI/SATA option! changing that is asking for trouble unless you WANT to re-install windows!).

Re: Hpet?

High Precision Event Timer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

just read that through, thanks for that ... but i still dont know whether it should be set to 32-bit or 64-bit.

Comment

That's what my manual says, so I am guessing according to your OS if Vista or later.

Comment

Mine resets to 32 after every BIOS flash. I just change it back to 64. You should be okay to change it. I doubt you will ever use it but might as well have it set for 64.
          P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
          880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
          2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Comment

Yes, please set that to the type of OS you are using. It will not require a clean install or anything like that

Comment

I changed it to 64-bit and used my computer for a day. I didn't notice anything different. Boooo!

Comment

Ya, it is just for certain things mentioned in the above link, nothing you would notice unless there was an issue

Comment

Working...
                X