Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EP45-UD3R not loading all of a sudden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3R not loading all of a sudden?

Hey guys,
    I just built a new system about 2 weeks ago and all went great. I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo /w Intel Quad Core CPU. Everything has been running fine for the past 2 weeks since the build until I woke up this morning. The system was left on overnight.

I notice all my screens are blank and am not getting any video output to the screens. I also notice that all 6 of the Phase LEDs (not really sure what these are for) on the mobo are turned on, which usually only occurs during bootup for a few seconds. So, naturally, I did a button restart of the system thinking that would solve whatever hickup had occurred. But, unfortunately, it didn't.

Whenever I try to start the system up, I get no video output to the screens at any time. The mobo splash screen never even shows up. The monitors come on, but no output is on screen. I know the monitors work, so that is not the obvious issue. All 6 Phase LEDs come on like normal at startup, but now stay on permanently along with the blank screen. I don't get any beeps at me or anything.

I also tried swapping around ram to try and rule that out, but no change. The entire system is hooked up behind a cyber power battery/surge system.

This is my first system build, so I am a bit lost at this point. Any help or direction is appreciated.

-Kyle

Re: GA-EP45-UD3R not loading all of a sudden?

did you try clearing cmos?? either with the onboard button if it has one or using the jumper? try using it without surge plug to see if thats faulty
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just tried clearing CMOS using the jumper method and it seemed to work at first. The mobo splash screen came up for a moment like normal (i did notice some graininess in the graphic which is not normally there at this point). Then it went to a black screen which was completely filled up with garbled up/overlapping characters covering the entire screen. I'm not really sure how else to explain how it looked, but none of the characters were readable in any way. I could see some kind of prompt blinking within the mess on screen near the bottom so i hit enter on my keyboard and then it went to a blank screen. Now all startups occur as they did before with no splash screen again, and is just blank with all phase LEDs on.

Comment

Yes, please try clearing your CMOS, method is posted here in post #2 >>

Sorry, I see you got it!

Sounds to me like your GFX card has possibly died on you. You are going to need to get another GFX Card to test with if you can, or test your card in another system before we try to troubleshoot further

Comment

Can I just take out the video card and try booting up without it using any onboard video? Also, I now have taken out the battery in the mobo to make sure CMOS is getting reset and am waiting a good 20 minutes to try that again.

Comment

No, your board does not have an onboard video chip, you will need a different card to test or to test your card in another system.

You can however look in your basement for a older PCI Card in a system you are maybe not using, that would work.

Sounds like the card died to me from your graphical comments

Comment

Same thing happened again after another CMOS reset via battery removal.

I got a picture of it this time:

I am now going to try this other crap video card I found.

Comment

It could be the BIOS is corrupt, but I would test another card first or test this card in another system

Does it stay running like that? Maybe you can blind flash the BIOS if need be, but lets test this card or another first

Comment

It seems it is the video card. I just popped in a different old card and it is working.

I guess its now time to contact EVGA :-/

Comment

Nice to see you have confirmed this, looked like it to me! Sorry to hear about it all though, but yeap looks like a RMA is in order, let us know how you get along with that

Comment

Thanks again for all your help. I'm going to hit up EVGAs boards to see if anyone there has a solution to this issue before I have to send everything out.

Comment

It will need to be RMA'd for sure, no fix other than that. Good luck, and keep us posted

Comment

Working...
                        X