Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I can't disable EIST

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You did not list C1E in your BIOS settings, do you also have this disabled?
    And btw, this is what does the trick.
    With C1E disabled the multi doesnt drop even if EIST is enabled.

So where is it in your settings?
    + Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 F9e bios| i7 920 D0 on Xigmatek Thor's Hammer + 2xSilenX 120"| Corsair Dominator 3x2Gb 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX285| Creative XFi xtreme audio | Corsair HX1000w | Coolermaster HAF 932 | Raptor 300Gb | Samsung T240 | VistaUltimate64 SP2

Comment

It is on the same page as EIST

Comment

whats an ES???

Comment

ES Is Engineer Sample

Comment

Well I've given up trying to use turbo mode, it just wont hold the 21 multi and I've tried everything including different OS's. I didn't have any problem with my C0, but these 2 D0's just wont turbo. It's really a shame to because this chip runs fine with a twenty multi, 4.2 Ghz with 1.35 vcore and 1.24 QPI. I'll drop it to 4.1 Ghz for 24/7 usage. I'm sure I could run it at 4.2 Ghz with much lower voltage with a 21 multiplier. but 4.1 Ghz aint too shabby and I'm OK with that. It's just annoying wondering what could of been if turbo worked.
            920 D0, 4.3Ghz, 1.312v (24/7 OC)
            EX58-UD5, TRUE, Gig GTX-260OC
            3GB Crucial 1640 9-9-9-25 1.5v
            Cor TX650, Antec 200

Comment

Very odd to hear, if you have your C0 still and you wanted to I could test your D0 for you and see if it is really the CPU or not. I kind of doubt it is though, as I have never seen this caused by a CPU, only Software or BIOS issues.

You could also RMA it with Intel, they do RMA pretty fast

Comment

I honestly don't think it's the CPU either, I already returned one to Microcenter that was doing the same thing, I think it's my motherboard. I don't have the C0 anymore I gave it to my nephew. It's not that big of a deal though as I'm content running it at 4.0-4.1Ghz with a 20 multi, but thanks anyway LSD you're a good man
                920 D0, 4.3Ghz, 1.312v (24/7 OC)
                EX58-UD5, TRUE, Gig GTX-260OC
                3GB Crucial 1640 9-9-9-25 1.5v
                Cor TX650, Antec 200

Comment

Alrighty then, ya I agree most likely not the CPU at all. Could be the BIOS itself though, sorry I can't test it though. Just be sure to keep an eye out and try the new beta's as they are released in case they fix it

Comment

Working...
                  X