Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overclocking the P55-UD4P / i7860

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
    you might be able to clock higher if you disable hyper threading unless youve allready done that
    I could probably do that, but that wouldn't make much sense.

I'd rather have 8 threads at 4.0 GHz (total 32 GHz!) than 4 threads at 4.2 GHz (16.8 Ghz).

Comment

Originally posted by nate42nd View Post
      Thanks man,I'll remember that. Did you see any problems in device manager (orange triangles) before you fixed the problem?
      No, I didn't.

But you didn't ask the proper question: "Did you check Device Manager for any orange triangles?"

The answer to that question is "no, I did not."

Comment

Where the hell do I find what driver I have now for the e-sata (JMicron)? I can't seem to find it. I'm looking at the "IDE/ATA/ATAPI controllers" like I though it would be unless I am missing something. Which one is it? (if you have time and patience)

I see a SATA 2 port storage controller
        I see a SATA 4 port storage controller
        As well as my 8 other SATA ports

BTW - thanks for the "orange triangle" answer.
        Last edited by nate42nd; 10-19-2009, 05:31 PM.
        P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
        880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
        2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Comment

Originally posted by nate42nd View Post
          Where the hell do I find what driver I have now for the e-sata (JMicron)? I can't seem to find it. I'm looking at the "IDE/ATA/ATAPI controllers" like I though it would be unless I am missing something. Which one is it? (if you have time and patience)

I see a SATA 2 port storage controller
          I see a SATA 4 port storage controller
          As well as my 8 other SATA ports

BTW - thanks for the "orange triangle" answer.
          Mine is listed under "Storage controllers".

It smells like you have your eSATA ports configured for IDE mode; mine are configured for AHCI mode, to allow hot-swapping.

Comment

So they are the ones that say "standard dual channel PCI IDE controller" the ones with the MS driver? or the one with the Intel driver?

And no, my e-sata is configured in AHCI. The other controllers are in IDE for now. Patriot asked me to try it for my SSD. Works great.
            P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
            880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
            2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Comment

Working...
            X