Ex58-ud3r stopped working after 19 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex58-ud3r stopped working after 19 days

My system worked excellent for 19 days no o'cing. All new parts. I have Xp and Vista installed. I was on Vista and restarted to go into XP and thats when it started. First it was showing bootblock,

Award Bootblock Bios V 1.0
    Award Software Inc
    Scanning Bios Image on Hard Drive
    Bios Auto Recovering.

It would shut down, restart, show this page and shut down again. It did that for like 5 booting attemps. Then it would just turn on the fans, LED's for a few seconds, shut down, turn on again, no video, The famous loop.

I tried taking out the battery, removing the memory, trying 1 stick at a time, 2 sticks, etc, in different sockets. I tried every possible combination. With all the memory removed, it stays on but no video. If I place 1 stick in the purple slot #3, it stays on, no video. otherwise it turns on and off endlessly. Also the reset button wont reset. It did work before. I see LED's blink on the video card but it wont reset the comp. Disconnected the reset button, still same problem. Just bought a motherboard speaker. Waiting for that to come in. I have 6 fans, all connected directly to PSU. *pin power connector is secured. 24 pin power connector is secured. The CPU was running at 26-29C at idle and 34-36C at full load. HDD at 30-32C. Video card was the hottest at 36 at idle and 42-44C full load.

EX58-UD3R V 1.0
    I7 920
    1 X ASUS Dark Knight HD 4870 512MB
    Corsair XMS3 3 x 2GB 1600 (PC3 12800) 1.65V TR3X6G1600C9
    Antec 300 modified (added window + 2 window fans)
    Apevia 680W PSU AS680W-BL

I have seen lots of forums with people having similar problems with this motherboard. I have yet to find a fix that will work on mine. I really hope someone here can help. Thank you all for your precious time.
    Last edited by rx7pete; 09-15-2009, 01:24 AM.

Re: Ex58-ud3r stopped working after 19 days

Originally posted by rx7pete View Post
    EX58-UD3R V 1.0
    I7 920
    1 X ASUS Dark Knight HD 4870 512MB
    Corsair XMS3 3 x 2GB 1600 (PC3 12800) 1.65V TR3X6G1600C9
    Antec 300 modified (added window + 2 window fans)
    Apevia 680W PSU AS680W-BL
    I wonder if it had something to do with your power supply. I use to own that exact same PSU several years ago (before I knew anything about computers ) and found out that it is basically a piece of crap 500W with just some fancy lights.

By any chance could you get a hold of another PSU?

Comment

how many hard drives do you have attached? try with just one and see if it boots
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you for your responses. I have 2 hard drives

Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM X 2

I just tried them 1 at a time, same thing. I am trying to find another PSU. Will post as soon as I can.

Again thank you for your help!

Comment

Well, I tried another PSU 500W, same problem, tried disconnecting everything, only leaving MB, MEM and Video card, same problem, removed the video card, just MB and MEM, same problem. Down to the MB and MEM. Everything else has been eliminated. I tried both PSU's, made no difference. I was going to try some DDR2 I have but it wont fit. I dont have another DDR3 stick to try and dont want to spend money just to try. MY PC

Comment

Please put one stick of memory in the first white slot, and so you are sure the memory should always be in the white slots (1, 3, 5)

Use one stick and then please remove all your hard drives, and CD/DVD Drives. Then connect ONLY one cd drive to the first blue SATA Slot SATA2_0 and put your motherboard CD in the drive. Then try to start your system, the BIOS may then be recovered off the CD itself.

If you still do not have any luck with that, please PM me for a last resort before you need to RMA the board. This is a BIOS issue, I do not think you need to make any hardware changes or buy new items. Your MAIN BIOS Chip got corrupted that is all, and until you fix it that screen is all you will see otherwise.

Comment

Followed your instructions, nothing. Turned it on, put the CD in, turned off, on, off, never read the CD, no video, Pressing F12 rapidly, but nothing. Whats next?

Comment

PM sent, let me know how you get along with that.

Comment

As an interested Ex58-ud3r owner, how did you get on?

Comment

Well, I have exhausted all means. Thank you, lsdmeasap, for your time and help. I tried your last instructions for hours, nothing. I am getting the board ready to ship to Newegg(RMA) since its less than 30 days old. This one is fried. I knew I should have bought the ASUS. What can I do with the new one so that I dont have this problem again? Is there anything to prevent this?

Barrney, I am not sure I understand your question. Can you elaborate?

Comment

Just wanted to know if you had any success - I see none!! Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Hi barrney, Nope, didnt work for me. I guess I'm just one of the un'lucky ones, LOL. The way I see it, some people have no troubles whatsoever with this boards and others do, I really hope my next one is one of the good ones..... knock on wood

Need any help, "lsdmeasap" is the man, be sure to look him up. Good luck ya'll!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rx7pete View Post
                          Well, I have exhausted all means. Thank you, lsdmeasap, for your time and help. I tried your last instructions for hours, nothing. I am getting the board ready to ship to Newegg(RMA) since its less than 30 days old. This one is fried. I knew I should have bought the ASUS. What can I do with the new one so that I dont have this problem again? Is there anything to prevent this?

Barrney, I am not sure I understand your question. Can you elaborate?

Hey now, no need to switch teams! This can happen with ANY manufacturer, and you are MUCH more likely to be able to save yourself with a Gigabyte board anyway due to the Dual BIOS. Asus has NONE

Pm sent on your last questions. Anyone else reading this, always stress test your system for stability, that is the best way to ensure that corruption of any kind (BIOS or File System) does not happen

Comment

EX58UD3R, ver.1.6, 6GRam OCZ DDR3, I7920, Galaxy GTS250

Same problem, I bought the upgrade components from Microcenter on 12/29/2009, the system was perfectly stable until 01/10/2010 when the infinite loop scanning bios on hard drive error started to happen after a normal restart of Windows 7. I tried everything I could think of or suggested on the net over the last 2 days. I even bought a SATA DVD RW hopping that it will recover from the included dvd (I had an IDE one before and that one didn't work). Would be nice to find what exactly can be done when the BIOS gets corrupted this way. The system seems to be fine, except a bad BIOS that we can't re-flash. The board is going back to the store after I lost a lot of time with it - not happy.

Comment

I feel your pain. I had purchased mine from Newegg. I was able to get a refund and went to Fry's and bought the same board but version 1.6 and no more problems. It is working perfectly since September 09. Even thou lsdmeasap advised me to update the bios, I did not do it, Afraid I would mess up the board. This is my first and only build, and dont want to mess it up. I see you had a version 1.6, hmmm Don't know what to tell you. Wish you good luck with your next one. I purchased the 1 time exchange warranty from Fry's for like $35 just in case. It's good for three years. I think with I7 boards, as unpredictable as they are, it's well worth it. The board was a little bit more expensive there ( like $15 after $30 rebate) plus I had to travel 1 hour but it beats the 2 to 3 weeks wait from Newegg. Well i hope you dont have any more problems. I know how frustrating it is. Good Luck!! Make sure to post your solution so that it will help others.... Contact lsdmeasap if you keep having problems, HE IS THE MAN!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X