GA-P55-UD3 - Best MB for the i5/i7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P55-UD3 - Best MB for the i5/i7?

Any reviews on this motherboard. Would like to buy another gigabyte with a new i7/i5 processor. Any comments on this MB? Price seems affordable enough.
    I7 - 2600K
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H (bios F20e mod)
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)
    Sapphire 7970
    ASUS XONAR DX
    Windows 8.1 64 bit

Re: GA-P55-UD3 - Best MB for the i5/i7?

What do you need it for? I've used it for a Core i5 750 review, I'm still using it for RAM performance scaling review and I think it's fine board. It's definitely enough if you don't plan to hit spees >4GHz, int that case other boards might be better. The 6 phase PWM hetsinsk get very hot at 4+GHz, so I would get something witha bigger heatpipe cooler & more phases for 4+Ghz 24/7 overclock.

If you don't overclock heavily and you don't need features lieke eSata that only more expensive boards provide then I can definitely recommend the board. After 2 weeks of heavy testing I have not encoutered any problems, it's definitely very stable in my setup.

Comment

Thanks.
      I7 - 2600K
      Sapphire 7970
      ASUS XONAR DX
      Windows 8.1 64 bit

Comment

Do you still need some reviews? If so I can find you a few links likely.

Nickel020, why did you not link your review? It would be fine

PM sent

Comment

How does this compare to the P55M-UD2?
          I7 - 2600K
          Sapphire 7970
          ASUS XONAR DX
          Windows 8.1 64 bit

Comment

You do mean P55M0UD2 right?

Here is a comparison of UD3R and UD2, the only difference in the UD3 and UD3R is RAID Capability in the Intel chipset >>
            Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Here is Gigabyte's page for both >>
            GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-P55-UD3 (rev. 1.0)

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.0)

Depends on your needs which would be better really, check out the specifications of each at Gigabyte's site as it looks like the Newegg specs are a bit off

Also, I posted here for P45 what some of the naming scheme means, this still applies in P55 >>

Comment

Working...
            X