Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X48-DQ6 continous POST loop

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    That does sound like the GFX error beeps, not what I had originally though about the ram beeps (Power Error, Many Quick Short Beeps)

You did try inserting the card again correct? Have you tried the card in the second PCIE Slot instead?

And you did have both 6pin connections to the card plugged in from your PSU Right? Just checking

Can you borrow a larger PSU to test with? I am just concerned with your PSU only having 17A on the 12V rails

Can you, or did you test the card in another machine yet? That could be useful as well, in case it is faulty
    I have taken out and reinserted that card many times in both slots with both 6 pin connections inserted. Unfortunately I don't have access to a system thats compatable with that video card, nor a higher wattage PSU.

I do however have access to a very old ATI Rage GFX card, and the same beep code is emitted when I have that installed... although I suppose that could be due to compatability issues concerning its age.

Should I take this in to the local computer shop? They would likely be able to test the componenets seperately and locate the problem would they not? At this point I am willing to spend an extra couple bucks to get this thing running...

Comment

OK, just wanted to check to be sure it was not something simple

Any PCIE Machine should be able to test that card out, it does not have to be PCIE 2.0, in case you thought it did.

Hmm, was you RAGE Card PCIE or PCI? Just wondering. it should work either way really though, I have used OLD PCI Cards on my X58 without issues.

Ya, without additional hardware you may just need to take it in for testing, sorry I can't be of more help from my end.

Comment

OK, just wanted to check to be sure it was not something simple

Any PCIE Machine should be able to test that card out, it does not have to be PCIE 2.0, in case you thought it did.

Hmm, was you RAGE Card PCIE or PCI? Just wondering. it should work either way really though, I have used OLD PCI Cards on my X58 without issues.

Ya, without additional hardware you may just need to take it in for testing, sorry I can't be of more help from my end.
        I believe its PCI.

You've been plenty of help already, thanks a lot for your responses :). I have a learned a lot about hardware in the past week, if anything this is a really expensive lesson on building computers. If there is no change in behaviour after the RAM swap I will get a quote from the computer store.

Comment

Maybe there is something wrong with the board then, I thought it was PCI Card too. And since it likely is, a different or NO error should have appeared when you tried that card instead.

Unless it is the ram causing issues, luckily you can test that yourself before having to take the PC into a shop. Could be the board itself, no way to really say without being there myself. Sorry, Hopefully though it is just your ram and with the new 1.8V stick we can adjust your settings so that your original memory will work once you get it going if it does turn out to be memory related.

Comment

Maybe there is something wrong with the board then, I thought it was PCI Card too. And since it likely is, a different or NO error should have appeared when you tried that card instead.

Unless it is the ram causing issues, luckily you can test that yourself before having to take the PC into a shop. Could be the board itself, no way to really say without being there myself. Sorry, Hopefully though it is just your ram and with the new 1.8V stick we can adjust your settings so that your original memory will work once you get it going if it does turn out to be memory related.
            The new RAM didn't help, I sent it to the local computer store for a diagnosis, should be back in a week.

Comment

Sorry to hear, and sorry I could not better help diagnose things from my end.

Please do let us know what they find the issue to be

Comment

It ended up being a bad motherboard. I am in the process of RMAing it right now.

Comment

Working...
                X