Another GA-EP45T-UD3P problems and observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another GA-EP45T-UD3P problems and observations

I have GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.0 (BIOS 8f) and 4 sticks of KHX14400D3K2/2G 1GB DDR3 RAM (marked as 1.9V - these are quite old chips). My system was randomly crashing (screen just freeze), while playing games. Interesting fact is, that it could take all memtests, OCCT/Prime stress CPU benchmarks and could run Furmark for hours without problems. But running WoW would freeze system in minutes without any stress gfx on screen.

So I started to search for some help, found many threads here. Most of them recommended at the end only thing - increasing MCH core voltage to 1.2+
    So I tried and system started to freeze even in BIOS screen. So I played a bit with MCH core settings and found out, that as I increase its voltage, system freezes faster and faster. So I tried to lower it from default 1.1 to 1.05 and voila. Everything seems stable now, rest of BIOS settings are set on AUTO or optimized defaults.

So I was thinking that my NB is overheating, but actually heatpipe is only warm (using stock CPU fan, which is blowing air nicely to heatsinks around) on touch. Tried to remove it and check if it fits right and it did. So I'm clueless how could lowering voltage by 0.05 magically turn my system stable, but it works. Hope this info might help to someone...

Re: Another GA-EP45T-UD3P problems and observations

Yes, with 4GB of ram you may need 1.2-1.3 MCH depending on speeds and other settings.

Now some boards, such as yours it seems, do need it lowered. I think this is due to a fault in either the reading of the default voltage causing it to be overvolted, or it is just overvolted by default and not picked up as such

Did you redo the thermal paste on the NB Chip, please do now if you did not already. Use NON Conductive paste such as TX-2, MX-2, or Arctic ceramic

Comment

Used plain and simple old white silicone paste, have only coolaboratory for cpu and dont like to waste it on NB :)

Comment

K, that should be good as well. Just wanted to be sure you redid it, and did not use Arctic Silver 5 or something.

Comment

Working...
        X