Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta Bios for the EP45-UD3P (rev 1.6) (FDa)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Bios for the EP45-UD3P (rev 1.6) (FDa)?

The latest released Bios for the EP45-UD3P (rev 1.6) MB is FB. Why does the beta in this forum show as FDa? Typo or just the way Gigabyte names their Bios betas to keep people guessing? The reason I ask is the Tech Rep from Gigabyte was unaware of a new Bios for this board. However, he did not know or did not want to share with me what the Vcore VID was either!

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Re: Beta Bios for the EP45-UD3P (rev 1.6) (FDa)?

We post the latest Beta BIOS's. The Tech you spoke with may or may not be aware of the Beta's but likely is instructed not to speak with you about them anyway as they are Beta.

Vcore VID Is specific to your CPU, no way he could tell you. If you need to know your VID please download CoreTemp it will show you the VID of your particular chip.

Core Temp

Comment

Lsdmeasap:
      Don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we're on the topic of BIOS for 1.6, do you think that FC will be made public?
      Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 SLB9Y @ 3.8GHz, 1.36V
      Thermolab Baram + Scythe S-Flex SFF21F
      Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev.1.6, FB
      G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B x 2 @ 448MHz
      XFX GeForce 7100GS
      Western Digital WD6400AAKS + WD1600AAJS
      BenQ DW1650, Pioneer DVR-115BK
      Antec Sonata II, Corsair CMPSU-520HX
      Gelid Wing 12 x 2 @ 850RPM
      Enermax Aurora Premium KB007U-B, Razer Diamondback 3G
      Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP Rev.A04 (LG.Philips IPS), Grado iGrado Black
      Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 x 2 @ DD-WRT + Tomato

Comment

Not sure, likely not since they are now on D

Comment

So it is not a typo they just skip from FB to FD.

EekTheCat do you use sleep mode on you system? I am having a heck of time trying to figure out what is "wrong" with my system since it will not wake up from sleep mode on any setting above 3.4GHz. Gigabyte Tech support (at least one of them that seem pretty competent) said it was probably my Nvidia card that was causing the problem. Of course XFX ignored me.

Comment

Lsdmeasap:
            Okay. Just curious with the slow update. The wait continues.

Ken429:
            Although I've tried it, I don't use sleep mode, but have heard issues with it on some Giga boards. Is the OC stable? Just a guess, but you've tried FA/FB to check if the BIOS is the problem, haven't you?
            I'd like to help, but I don't know much about sleep mode to be useful. I'd suspect the OC since you can do sleep anywhere below 3.4GHz.
            Last edited by EekTheCat; 08-30-2009, 08:44 PM. Reason: Grammar
            XFX GeForce 7100GS

Comment

Yes, they could skip from FB to FD or F8 to F12, just means either there was issues with BIOS files between there and they will not be released or it could also mean another engineer made it is all.

Nothing to worry about, use the latest

Ekk, what are you waiting for? Sorry, just not sure what you meant

Comment

Lsdmeasap:
                Am just waiting for more official BIOS. Granted that newer isn't always better, but at least I'd have more options to choose from other than the beta releases.
                It's no big deal so don't worry your busy self about it. :)
                XFX GeForce 7100GS

Comment

Ahh ok!

Well it could be a long wait, sorry not sure how close the public release is?

You are fine to use beta though, it is all I ever use. I only flash finals myself if someone asks me to specifically test something, otherwise they never even see my hard drive

Comment

bump.. whats the latest story with the FD bios for this 1.6 board?
                    I just bought one and am having a heck of a time with overheating a Q9650.
                    Seems like a bios issue, since v1.0, 1.1 boards have been champions.
                    Want to love this board but need a nice bios

also, where's the link to the official gigabyte beto bios area? Hard to find the latest by weeding through the forums. Would like to have a page I can go to from time to time to check...
                    thanks!!!

Comment

For what its worth, I upgraded to the beta FDa BIOS and about the only thing I noticed that was different was it let me use Sleep Mode overclocked at 3.7GHz versus 3.6GHz on the official BIOS. I did not experience any heat problems with the Q9550 on either version of the BIOS.

Comment

I see that the FD Bios is released for the EP45-UD3P (rev 1.6) MB. I have been using the FDa beta version for several months and have not had any problems. But... one is never happy for long! Does the official release of the Bios have anything to offer. The only real issue I have or at least that I am aware of is the sleep/wakeup problem above 3.7 GHz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
                          The only real issue I have or at least that I am aware of is the sleep/wakeup problem above 3.7 GHz.
                          fyi I thought I had this issue as well, but it turned out I needed to adjust my voltages. I am now able to sleep (s3) at 4.2ghz on my q9650 (thread) Running the final FD bios on the rev1.6 UD3P. Happy new year.

Comment

Originally posted by luckman212 View Post
                            fyi I thought I had this issue as well, but it turned out I needed to adjust my voltages. I am now able to sleep (s3) at 4.2ghz on my q9650 (thread) Running the final FD bios on the rev1.6 UD3P. Happy new year.
                            Can you elaborate on the voltages you changed to enable sleep?

Comment

If you follow my link you will see the exact voltages that I used.
                              In particular, I believe that the most important one was increasing vDimm from 2.0 to 2.1, and setting the vRef voltages from 1.0 to "Auto". I also lowered my clock from 4.3 to 4.2 which simultaneously allowed me to drop my vCore from 1.38 to 1.34. Of course YMMV but I think that with some time spent and careful note-taking (I used an excel spreadsheet, tracking all voltages and changing them 1 at a time, stress testing & sleep testing until I found the magic combo) -- you will be able to stabilize it.

Comment

Working...
                              X