Ga-g41m-es2l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-g41m-es2l

I have the above mb along with 2 x corsair XMS2 DDR2 memory stacks and seem to be having some problems. I play wow and very often get a critical error which boots me from the game. At first thought it was graphics card and returned that. but with new card i still see issues. I managed to isolate it to an extent but wondering if it makes sense. If I use 2 sticks of memory I have an issue. If I use one only in slot 1 then i dont appear to see issues. if i use a single slot in slot 2 i have issues. if i use 2 sticks i again have issues. things seem to be point to using ddr slot 2 on the mb board. could that be the case and if so is there anyway to prove it. or could it be related to dual channel being enabled ?

Any help appreciated.

Chris

Re: Ga-g41m-es2l

just to add running windows xp 32 bit, intel core duo 2 3.0ghz, 512mb pci express 2.0 gp, 500w psu just in case that helps.

Comment

Ran Memtest86+ from a CD or disk on key, with Performance Enhance standard and XMP disabled (if you have this option,) if both sticks pass with no errors in slot 1 and fail in slot 2 it's probably the board.

Comment

You should be using slots 1+3 for dual channel.

If you can post a link to your ram, or the model # we can better advise you on settings you should use

Comment

Working...
        X