EX58 system fan 3 speed cannot be sensed but is definently running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58 system fan 3 speed cannot be sensed but is definently running

I've noticed this for a while that system fan 3 does not show up in the bios, f9c and I'm pretty sure f8-f9c. I have 2 fans on my cpu heatsink and these are the only things plugged into the mb, 1 into the cpu header which every program and the bios reads fine and 1 in the sys fan3 header which everything that appears to sense it reads as 0 rpms. I have the cpu pwm stuff disabled in bios so the cpu fan will run all out and I can confirm that the sys fan3 fan is definently running and at the same speed as the cpu fan as far as I can tell. I have seen somewhere else where someone has had the same issue and I'm wondering if this is normal.
    Last edited by DankBuddha; 08-12-2009, 10:12 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
    Intel i7 920 D0 3.8Ghz 181x21 1.24375Vcore 1.195QPI/Vtt
    Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 push-pull, vertically mounted
    3x2GB G.Skill DD3 1600 F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 8-8-8-21-1T 1.54v
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SLI 700-1500-1200
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W PSU
    2x WD Caviar Black 640GB in Raid 0, 64KB stripes, 250GB short stroke
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Antec 1200 Gamer Case
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Re: EX58 system fan 3 speed cannot be sensed but is definently running

The fan RPM monitoring signal could be flawed or there could be aproblem with the motherboard. Switch around the headers of the two fans you're using to find out. If there's still no signal for header 3 then the problem is stemming form the motherboard. You can try updating/downgrading the BIOS to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Re: EX58 system fan 3 speed cannot be sensed but is definently running

It could be normal per your board, I can test on mine if you like? Let me know.

If you really need to monitor this fan can you may plug it into the Sys_Fan1 or Pwr_Fan.

I have this board myself and can and will test Sys_Fan3 for you if you like, test would be ran on BIOS F9c not the latest Final F9 as I am not on it yet.

Let me know, Via PM if you like and I can test on my setup but I do believe mine works fine last a remember looking/using it

Comment

Working...
      X