Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte x58 ud5 issues

Hi guys,

Ne1 with the x58 ud5 had these problems...

1. the leds lights on the board are all on all the time(yellow & red) despite the fact its running in a normal state, ie not overclocked(stock voltages as well) in anyway....

I've read the manual & it says the led's should be off when in a normal state, no matter what i do they are all on all the time.

2. the realtek gigalans(Realtek 8111D) dont work, they both show exclaimation marks next to them in the device manager with the code 101 next to them. I've downloaded the latest drivers from realtek site but it appears the chips are not initializing I've had to use my old intel pro lan card(which works perfectly)... Any down side to using this intel pro card?

To resolve the issues above i've done a full reset, power cable out, cmos reset etc & loaded the latest bios F8F. Also tried 2 earlier bioses still no luck.

I'm using win7 rc, but i loaded up vista just in case, same problems....

Re: Gigabyte x58 ud5 issues

That is normal about the LED's, if you want to disable most of them and you are not overvolting things or overclocking you can. You have to disable C1E and EIST in the BIOS, then once in windows you will only see a few LED's

Do you have the latest Intel Chipset Drivers installed? If not please install those >>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Then here is the latest RealTek drivers >>

Realtek

And you must be sure you enable the Onboard H/W LAN in the Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS (Just checking, some people overlook this). When you do this you can go into Smart LAN and do a cable check, it will let you know if it finds a LAN Cable connected or not.

If it does not find one, please go to the MAIN Page of the BIOS and press F9 for system information, and check on that page to be sure you see a MAC Address listed for your LAN's. If you don't I would advise you flash your BIOS again from DOS or Qflash and disable Keep DMI Data and then of course load and apply optimized defaults after the flash, save and reboot then check all of that again

Beta BIOS F8h is out if you would like to give that one a try >>

Comment

Thanx for the swift reply, let u know how it goes....

Comment

K, good luck!

Comment

Ok quick update did all the above "fixes" however both gigalans still how the exclamation marks with the code 10 could not start next to them. Using win7 RTM default drivers & latest realtek drivers it recognizes the gigalans correctly but the exclamation mark appears. I've uninstalled n reinstalled in the device mgr so many times...... :(

Both gigalans can be seen in the bios if i test the lan connection & both get green lights upon cable connection. As soon as I go into the OS (win7RTM/win7rc as well) the green lights go out n the exclamation marks appear......
          Last edited by allygash; 09-07-2009, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Hmm, ok....

I will have to look into this myself then as I never had any issues before, but maybe I did have to do something tricky and don't remember? It's possible as I only used windows 7 for a minute

Give me a day or so and I will test it out again and let you know what I find.

In the mean time, can you or have you tested XP or Vista to be sure your LAN's both indeed function? Sounds like they do though, but just thought I would ask

Comment

You can install XP and Vista drivers on Windows7. It might be worth trying out some.
              Say you have W7 RC/RTM 32bit, try XP 32bit drivers.
              Say you have W7 RC/RTM 64bit, try Vista 64bit drivers.

Try one or two versions behind the current driver version.

Hope you get it all sorted out. :)
              Gaming: GIGABYTE X58-UD5 - i7 920 C0 - Noctua NH-U12P - 6GB OCZ Platinum PC3-10666 CL7 - Sapphire HD5870 - Antec P182 - TruePower Trio 650w - 3 Acer X243HB in Eyefinity - 2 x 500GB ST3500320AS 7200.11, SD1A - MS Digital Media KB - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Server: - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L - 4GB Team 1333 CL9 - 1x 160 2.5 5400RPM - 2x 500GB ST3500320AS 7200.11, SD1A - 1x 250GB ST3500320AS 7200.12 - 1x 1.5TB ST3500320AS 7200.12

HTPC1
              : GIGABYTE EP45-UD3L - E7600 - 2GB Corsair DHX 800 C5 - GIGABYTE 8500GT - Antec Fusion - Microsoft Comfort Wireless / Logitech MX1000 bt - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

HTPC2
              : GIGABYTE 945GCMX-S2 - E6320 - 2GB Corsair DHX 800 C5 - GIGABYTE 7600GT - Antec Fusion - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

HTPC3:
              GIGABYTE P35-DS4 - E6750 - 4GB OCZ System Elite 800 - GIGABYTE 8800GTX - TT Shark - Earthwatts 500w - DeNovo Mini - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Comment

Will give that a try qwertylesh... lsdmeasap your help is greatly appreciated... using an old intel pro pci lan card at the mo=not ideal..

Comment

have you tried clicking scan for hardware changes on the lan connection in device manager?? also have you tried to set up a conection renewing ip ect? or wont it let you??
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, and you can always use compatibility mode on the installers as well.

I will try to get a test install setup here today if I can find time, I'll let you know

Comment

Tried xp & vista drivers still no go... I've unistalled n reinstalled all 3 diff driver versions. Always same issue they appear no problem in device mgr but with the exclamation mark & code 10 error..... So weird they appear in the bios under smart lan with the green light yet on the port yet got to OS n they apear to stop working. Dont really wanna install a copy of xp or vista on my sys just to test the gigalan i'd sooner bin off the mobo & get another...

Are realtek chips really this flaky, scanning the net they appear to be of a very dubious quality..
                      Last edited by allygash; 09-07-2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Have you disabled Smart/Green LAN? If not, please do as this may be causing you issues.

Sorry I have not had time yet to test this myself, will try to get to it tonight if I have time.

The chips are fine, maybe your board is faulty though, but the chips themselves are ok. Don't give up yet, let me test this on my end. I only have Windows 7 x64 RC though, but should be the same if you are using anything different.

Comment

Setting up a test disk now for this, I will let you know shortly how it works for me and if there was anything out of the ordinary I had to do or install

Testing X64 Windows 7 Build 7100 RC

Comment

Yep i've disabled green lan. Really appreciate the time n effort you're goin through here....

Comment

Not a problem buddy, that's why I am here. I needed to setup a new Windows 7 install anyway so I can have for other testing as I formatted my older one a week or so ago.

K, no issues at all!

Nothing needed to be changed or tweaked. I plugged in the cable and then installed windows 7. I did not have to enable the device, install chipset drivers, or LAN Drivers, all was working 100% when I hit the desktop >>>

Click to Enlarge

So, it looks like you may need to do a clean or dual install of XP or Vista to ensure your LAN ports are indeed working.

Did you ever check the MAC Address info as I noted above using the F9 Key on the MAIN page of the BIOS? If you do, and you do not see MAC Addresses assigned then you may need to reflash your BIOS or flash to a different version to see if that corrects things

Comment

Working...
                              X