Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some little problems

Hello,
    I'm totally new to Gigabyte, building systems and overclocking them. I managed to turn my AMD Phenom II X2 550 into an AMD Phenom II X4 B50 and I overclocked it to 3.8GHz by raising the multiplier to 19x. I would like to raise the FSB in stead of raising the multiplier, but everytime I raise the FSB with 5Hz only, it's set to the default speed when I reboot, so the multiplier is my only option at the moment. That's my worst problem. My second problem is booting into Windows Vista and Windows 7. When I try to boot, my computer just stops at the screen where 'Starting Windows' should appear. At that moment, I can choose between two option. Wait until it continues, but that can take from 1 to 10 minutes, or press the reset button on my case. When I press the reset button, Windows asks me to run it in 'Safe mode' or not, but when I chose 'Run Windows normally' it just boots fine, like nothing happened. I don't know how to solve those problems, so if someone experienced the same problems, please tell my how you solved them.
    Best Regards,
    Japperrrr,
    Last edited by Japperrrr; 03-02-2011, 09:41 AM.

Re: Some little problems

And my 3rd problem... I can't turn off the C1E option. When I turn it off, restart my computer, and go into the BIOS again, it says it's 'Enabled'. Then there's no more description for this option, and when I try to set it at 'Disabled' I have no options to choose between, I can't use ESC as an exit key, and my computer crashes. I don't even know what it exactly does, but a friend told me to turn it off because I would have better results when overclocking.

Comment

Hi Japerrr , welcome to Tweaktown Forums.
      My name is Max and I am a frequent poster here on the forums.
      I noticed you have not included some or most of the required information.
      This information includes basically the motherboard model number and revision number, BIOS version, CPU brand (Intel or AMD) and model number, Brand and amount of RAM, brand and capacity of hard drive(s), video card brand and version, power supply brand and number. Plus any other hardware that seems important to the problem.

Max out
      Last edited by MadMax2911; 08-08-2009, 11:33 AM. Reason: add info
      BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Hi Max, my name is Jasper :)

Originally posted by MadMax2911 View Post

Hi Japerrr , welcome to Tweaktown Forums.
        My name is Max and I am a frequent poster here on the forums.
        I noticed you have not included some or most of the required information.
        I'll try to give some more information:
        CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B50 (AMD Phenom II X2 550)
        Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Rev. 1.0
        BIOS: Award Modular BIOS (F4I)
        PSU: Cooler Master True Power 520W
        HDD: Two drives in RAID-0 mode (500GB)
        FSB: 200MHz (Stock speed)
        Core Speed: 3.8GHz
        Core Multiplier: 19.0x
        Core Voltage: 1.550 V
        HT Speed: 2200MHz
        HT Multiplier: 11.0x
        NB Speed: 2200MHz
        NB Multiplier: 11.0x
        L1 Code Cache: 64KB x 4
        L1 Data Cache: 64KB x 4
        Level 2 Cache: 512KB x 4
        Level 3 Cache: 6144KB
        Memory Capacity: 4096MB
        Memory Frequency: 1333MHz
        Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
        CAS Latency: 6 clock
        RAS to CAS Delay: 6 clock
        Command Rate: 1T
        RAS Active Time: 25 clock
        Row Cycle Time: 27 clock
        Row Precharge Time: 6 clock
        GPU Type: ATI Radeon HD 4890
        GPU Core Frequency: 950MHz
        GPU Memory Frequency: 1170MHz
        GPU Memory Capacity: 1024MB
        GPU Memory Bit Width: 256 Bit
        Resolution: 1440 x 900 :32 (60Hz)
        Last edited by Japperrrr; 08-09-2009, 04:32 AM. Reason: Edited specs

Comment

I solved the FSB and the C1E problem by updating the BIOS to the newest version, but I still have booting problems, whether I run at stock speeds or not.

Comment

OK you have two Operating systems on one PC and you have trouble booting...Hmmmm lets see..What boot manager are you using or does Windows 7 handle that??? Isnt there a boot manager out there thats pretty good at these things ...Oh I forgot the name of it now but just give me some time and it will come to me
            Second, Windows 7 only released Beta versions of its newest OS so maybe you have a early version that has more problems? I hear that some PC configurations have more trouble than others, so maybe you are just one of the unlucky ones? (Hope you have it saved to disk or a CD/DVD for possible reinstall).
            Not that its going to help me all that much, but what versions of Vista and Windows 7 are you running with a RAID 0 setup(which could be part of your problem). To clarify there may be some versions that do not support RAID0 arrays.
            Just looking at your post with a critical view I see someone who may be trying to do too much in one little space (your PC). In the tweakguide the general advise is to keep it simple(regarding dual booting.....You know RAID arrays technology was created for servers mainly). The link for Tweakguides.com is here
            http://www.tweakguides.com/ its not related to Tweaktown.com
            You say you are new to overclocking and gigabyte too, have you had a look at our stikies found here http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/memo...vs-bios-27283/
            and here

and how about the minamalist boot from Prof Jim here

Opps Its here instead

MadMaxout
            Last edited by MadMax2911; 08-08-2009, 09:18 PM. Reason: sp+info
            BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

Hello Max,
              Thanks for your quick reaction. You misunderstood me at the OS part. I tried both OS'es in single configurations, because I don't like dual-boot either. I tried Windows Vista Ultimate equipped with SP2, and Windows 7 Ultimate RTM(Release To Manufacturer), the final state of it. And since I flashed my BIOS to version F5c, I can't get my CPU Speed higher then 3.6GHz and my NB Speed is stuck at stock speeds, so I'm rolling it back to version F4I.
              Last edited by Japperrrr; 08-09-2009, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I downgraded my BIOS again to version F4. When I'm running version F4I I get a couple of errors. You might recognize a few of them:
                IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000A
                DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000DI
                SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003B
                ??? 0x0000001E

Comment

Well for the one error I am ggogling it and getting this at another forum Tomshardware You receive a "Stop 0x0000000A" error message in Windows XP oh and the link to the forum is here irql_not_less_or_equal stop:0x0000000A
                  Here is a article on Maximum PC with its link also Blue Screen of Death Survival Guide: Every Error Explained - Page 2 | Maximum PC
                  I get all this from just googling your error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000A the advice so far is that it most likely is a bad driver or improperly installed somehow.......In the maximum PC post they want more information from lower down on the screen which may give more clues. Click on start and right click on my computer then choose properties- then click advanced tab and settings down in the startup and recovery area. You shoud get a new screen that says STARTUP AND RECOVERY make sure automatic restart box is unchecked and then the "write debugging information" box has small memory dump allowed. (I am using win xp not win 7)
                  I just realized this may not be the same in windows 7 Ultimate but the general idea is to get the pc to stop at the blue screen so you can copy all the information under the main blue screen error. This information will help us to solve the riddle Batman. Also you may need to contact microsoft about the windows 7 issue as well cuz there is only other user experience out on the web. Have you tried googing your problem a little?? with win 7 in the title??
                  MAx out
                  Last edited by MadMax2911; 08-09-2009, 10:24 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Oh and here is a good microsoft forum for windows 7 try a quick post over there why dont you???? here s the link MSFN Forums -> Windows 7 but give us some info if you get it solved please...
                    maxout
                    Last edited by MadMax2911; 08-09-2009, 10:41 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

I found that information on Google too, but it's not specific enough to use it for error fixing. And it's probably general information, for non-overclocked computers. I.E.: IRCQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, is being associated with the memory a by overclockers, but Microsoft says it can have many more causes. Maybe there's someone who experienced the same issues and knows how to solve them? :)

Comment

IRQ not equal is often memory NB Related, no matter what you read or if you are overclocking or not.

Can you please post a link to your ram, and screen images of your BIOS MIT Pages? I don't know much about AMD but I may be able to help you out.

I do advise using the latest BIOS and not an older one, so if you don't mind can you update again to the latest and please use Qlflash to flash your BIOS DO NOT USE @BIOS.

Here is a Qflash Guide

Here is F5 download
                        GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-MA790XT-UD4P (rev. 1.0)

Ohh and about the BSOD screen, can you get the error code (0x00000101 for example)

Comment

I think that you are right, I was wrong by thinking it was the RAM which was causing the errors. My NB-chip gets really really hot, even when I try to overclock it from 2GHz stock to 2.1GHz overclocked, I won't get a POST-beep. I'm already taking money apart to buy water-cooling for my whole system. At the moment I'm doing quite well, I managed to raise my FSB, and my system's now stable at 3,83GHz.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!! Do you still need help with things or you got it?

Comment

I think I got it fixed. The only thing is that I have to raise my NB-frequence, but I've made another thread about that as you might have seen. Thanks to all the people who helped me :)

Comment

Working...
                              X