Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X48-DS5 Freezes During POST With USB Keyboard and F8C BIOS

Hi all

Have just had my new Gigabyte X48-DS5 mobo to install Windows 7 RTM (legal). I was hoping to install it with AHCI enabled and this was ok using the BIOS it came with - F5 - until trying to resume from Sleep. PC would just sit there with blank screen till I pressed reset then it would come out of sleep with the hibernate file. It all works perfectly when installed in non AHCI mode btw.

Anyhoo, I downloaded the F8C beta BIOS as it has a new version of Intel AHCI but I have another problem... when my Microsoft USB Wireless 8000 keyboard/mouse combo is plugged in, the PC wont get past the POST, it just freezes and sometimes gets corruption on the screen (like white lines). But if I unplug the USB keyboard its fine. I have changed the various settings in the bios for the usb parts but to no avail.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Rich

PS great forum! :)

Re: X48-DS5 Freezes During POST With USB Keyboard and F8C BIOS

Try other earlier BIOS versions, it will probably fix the sleep issues but you'll have to do without the "new" AHCI ROM.
    This kinda stuff happens and as far as I'm aware there's nothing you can change in the BIOS to get it to work.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have tried them all (there are only 3 BIOS' available) unfortunately. Guess I will have to hope Gigabyte will release a final version to replace the current beta with the new AHCI controller.

Cheers, Rich

Comment

You can also try the F8e linked by stasio in this thread:

Comment

Thanks but unless I am missing something the X48-DS5 is still listed on that site as F8c?

Cheers, Rich

Comment

Working...
          X